The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Remarqable M
for the hydrostatic pressure graph, i wrote "At A the blood plasma is being pushed/forced out of the capilary into the tissue fluid by osmotic pressure. Some protein molecules such heamoglobin are not permeable to the capilary pores as it is too large compared to the pores." thats how i wrote:smile:

as for the ligning, I wrote about cells being dead, provides structure to xylem and stability. it also acts as a waterproof to prevent leakage

Wow :p: I think I passed anyway..just about haha :p:
J DOT A
Yeah I wrote that the smooth muscle contracts to constrict airway and that the elsatic fibres (FFS I PUT ELASTIC TISSUE, WILL THEY DEDCUT A MARK?) stretches and recoils to maintain pressure when heart relaxes.

but wasnt the question how does the artery differ from vein? Veins have smooth muscle and elastic fibres too, just thinner layers.

I put thicker collagen wall and thicker smooth muscle. Is that wrong?
for the hydrostatic thing the water potential was lower than the plasma, so i just wrote about how there will be a water potential gradient from inside to outside the cell and so water moves out by osmosis and the plama cell shribks and is crenated. Probably wring, but it was all i could think of. .(
Reply 83
I said it has more collagen fibres to withsstand high pressurs instead of it being thicker? Do you reckon that's ok?
Indian&Proud
but wasnt the question how does the artery differ from vein? Veins have smooth muscle and elastic fibres too, just thinner layers.

I put thicker collagen wall and thicker smooth muscle. Is that wrong?

me too :smile:
school-kid2361
i put reletively humidity decreases water potential gradient, and the stomata is less open in the afternoon as there is not much sunlight- i think i am wrong though??

I thought you only had to state them? :eek:
I put either lower/higher humidity (cant remember) and less wind I think.
TheMikester69
Yeah i put wind speed, not really sure how it changes from morning to afternoon though :s-smilie: haha. I walked out the exam and just thought '****, water availability'

I put humidity, and water in the soil (chronologically, taking water at one time means there will be less at the next ;P) but I almost said a wire mesh around it, but that has nothing to do with time, unless the person who tends to them doesn't want to water them too much.

Remarqable M
haha:biggrin: your in the same boat as me! i think we both got it wrong:p:

I put alveoli too. QQ

Remarqable M
for the hydrostatic pressure graph, i wrote "At A the blood plasma is being pushed/forced out of the capillary into the tissue fluid by osmotic pressure. Some protein molecules such haemoglobin are not permeable to the capillary pores as it is too large compared to the pores." thats how i wrote:smile:

as for the ligning, I wrote about cells being dead, provides structure to xylem and stability. it also acts as a waterproof to prevent leakage

I put some junk like [this down];
Hydrostatic pressure lowers as some ions are drawn out of the blood into the surronding area, and since the water gradient is constant, some things had to be drawn out of the surrounding areas.
For the lignin I said it kept the structure form collapsing, and it was needed so that the pressure wouldn't drop (wasted energy) and to keep it rigid (the pits (pores) make it non-water proof, unless ions can get through, which is what I wrote).
Reply 87
I just did this exam! I'm very pleased - I know I lost about 2 to 3 marks for sure but I'm pretty confident I got atleast 50 marks out of 60, if not higher. :biggrin:
woot yea.. i think i made it to A this time xD, the only question i found bit mind-freezing was the one on continuous variation sketch, but i realized it in the end.. and the two mark question on .... the women/ ratio stuff where i think i managed to get one maybe two.. that the fat deposition might be irregular..
Tasneem004
I wrote all those things down for the glycoprotein question!

I messed up the potometer question completly. and for the pits question, I thought they were asking about the stomata.

for the pits - I should have paid more attention to it when i was revising plant tranport, anyways my answer to that pits question i wrote it like this " The pits join up xylem vessels and phloem tubes." thats all i could of think off:mad:
ibysaiyan
woot yea.. i think i made it to A this time xD, the only question i found bit mind-freezing was the one on continuous variation sketch, but i realized it in the end.. and the two mark question on .... the women/ ratio stuff where i think i managed to get one maybe two.. that the fat deposition might be irregular..

????what question is that:confused:
Oh ****! i thought this was on F211 LMAO lol sorry folks ignore my post..
Immortalis
I put humidity, and water in the soil (chronologically, taking water at one time means there will be less at the next ;P) but I almost said a wire mesh around it, but that has nothing to do with time, unless the person who tends to them doesn't want to water them too much.

isn't humidity about how hot or cold the environment is?? im sure in the question it said "apart from temperature and light"
What did you guys have for the question about the cycle thing? about C02. I put carbonic anhydrase then carbonic acid and ten hydrogencarbonate ions but it was hydrogen :frown: Also, the 1 which asked the chemical that absorbs carbon dioxide? I put chritin (or something) - is that even a word? LOL
Remarqable M
isn't humidity about how hot or cold the environment is?? im sure in the question it said "apart from temperature and light"

No, I think it's the amount of water in the air :smile:
Remarqable M
for the pits - I should have paid more attention to it when i was revising plant tranport, anyways my answer to that pits question i wrote it like this " The pits join up xylem vessels and phloem tubes." thats all i could of think off:mad:

i think thats right :smile:
bex_1_2_1
What did you guys have for the question about the cycle thing? about C02. I put carbonic anhydrase then carbonic acid and ten hydrogencarbonate ions but it was hydrogen :frown: Also, the 1 which asked the chemical that absorbs carbon dioxide? I put chritin (or something) - is that even a word? LOL

yay i put carbonic anhydrase carbonic acid and hydrogn ions
Reply 97
If I put that the artery's smooth muscle takes part in contraction and the elastic fibres recoil to maintain pressure... would that be okay?
was the question 2 marks or 3?
bex_1_2_1

I only put down anhydrase do i get mark for this??:eek:
the second i wrote Carbaminohaemoglobin and the third hydrogencarbonate.

haha for that last question what absorbs c02 i wrote lime soda which I was reminded off from the can of soda i bought this morning:biggrin:
Tasneem004
Lol, you scared me for a moment. I was like 'huh fat deposition, DID I MISS A QUESTION?':eek:

Phew.

HAHA me too.. as i was going through the posts i was like WTF... noo i couldn't have missed any. phew

Latest

Trending

Trending