The Student Room Group

Gumbet nightlife?

Hi, I tried searching the forum, but didn't get any decent results, so I figured I'd just ask outright. Has anyone been to Gumbet (Turkey)? If so, how did you find it? What was the nightlife like? I went to the travel agents with a friend yesterday looking for a cheap post-exams holiday and apparently Turkey is 'the place to go' and the nightlife is really good in Gumbet?
Reply 1
I've been to Gumbet but it was a long time ago! There were enough bars and a couple of clubs to keep it busy. Plus, Bodrum is only a bus (dolmus) ride away.

Check out tripadvisor
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298661-i1330-k1654736-Gumbet_nightlife-Gumbet_Bodrum_Peninsula_Mugla_Province_Turkish_Aegean_Coast.html
Ive been to Gumbet but I was quite young and just went to restaurants with my parents... wasn't fantastic, I didnt like it compared to other places ive been to anyway.
Haven't been there but few friends and myself are booking it tomorrow for 1st july for 7 nights!!! Can't wait. We're already going at the same time as 10 other best girl mates, one word to HOPEFULLY describe the holiday is...carnage :P

i've heard Bodrum get's pretty rowdy and it's almost too busy, but Gumbet has some good bars, i looked up a list of them. X bar, shakers, Central bar, mystery, outback (aussie pub!), corner fun pub, Siesta soccer bar, murphy's irish bar, club escape, tropicana, there are quite a few!!!

However drinks aren't necessarily much cheaper than here

Are you going in the summer or did you mean you'd go after your spring exams?
Reply 4
Hi, me and a load of lads that have just left school are also going to Bodrum from the 1st for 7 nights! Weve heard that Gumbet is much better than Bodrum itself, less greasy men and better clubs. Where you flying from/ what time?
Reply 5
I'm goin out there on the 30th with a load of mates. Have read around and it looks like its pretty lively :smile:
Reply 6
Its an 18 - 30s resort.
i have been to Gumbet in 2011 and then i went to Marmaris in 2012 and now i am going back to Gumbet! i absolutely love it, there are loads of clubs and bars on Bar street and which i recommend you go too! people think the men are really sleezy but they are really not, if you leave them and dont attract their attention they will leave you alone! Im going back to Gumbet on the 9th July 2013! cant wait x
Reply 8
Hello! I am going to gumbet with my friends end of August! Heard its really good x
I went last year and it is a really great place! Loads of bars and clubs and beaches... Its slightly unnerving though because the sea around it doesn't really have a tide which just freaks me out XD
Reply 10
We went in 2009, and again in 2012 and we're going back in July this year!! :biggrin: cant keep us away, it's a great place! Loads of bars, long beautiful beach, lovely people and the food and drink is amazing! Really really lively. I can't wait to get back!!

:tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest