The Student Room Group

university choices

i want to do psychology at uni, and i’m really struggling where to go. in terms of course, southampton is probably the most interesting to me but i’m not sure about the nightlife, can someone let me know? and i loved nottingham campus and city a lot, probably my favourite but the course doesn’t appeal to me too much. i also visited bath, can someone tell me what it’s the nightlife’s like, because i loved the campus but i’ve heard it’s kind of dead. finally, could someone give me any other options, as i’m struggling for some more options with nice campus, good night life and an interesting psychology course. thank you!
You should do your research and pick the universities which have a course and a feel you like... choosing them based on nightlife is very unwise in my opinion - nightlife will be very big on freshers week but after that, you'll hardly have the time to go clubbing! So I wouldn't consider nightlife when choosing your uni.
Reply 2
Original post by zoecx
i want to do psychology at uni, and i’m really struggling where to go. in terms of course, southampton is probably the most interesting to me but i’m not sure about the nightlife, can someone let me know? and i loved nottingham campus and city a lot, probably my favourite but the course doesn’t appeal to me too much. i also visited bath, can someone tell me what it’s the nightlife’s like, because i loved the campus but i’ve heard it’s kind of dead. finally, could someone give me any other options, as i’m struggling for some more options with nice campus, good night life and an interesting psychology course. thank you!

As long as you like the course and the campus, you’ll be able to find friends through any societies and classes. If you want to know about stuff like nightlife I would look on YouTube for previous students opinions and most of them mention about the nightlife as it’s a frequent question. I hope this helps and this is just my personal opinion as a year 13 who’s applied for computer science at uni.
Original post by zoecx

Hi @zoecx,

Choosing where to study is a difficult decision especially with so many options!

Have you been to any open days? Usually there are student ambassadors around who you can ask about the nightlife in the area. As well as this, you could visit the area in the holidays and stay for the weekend to see what the nightlife is like for yourself as it seems important to you.

What are you looking for in terms Psychology course? What do you like or not like about Psychology? This would help us a bit more with advice about where to study. When looking at modules and topics, there is almost always going to be some topics you wouldn't want to do but dont let this put you off completely.

I am a final year Psychology student at Kent so I am happy to answer any questions! I also did a placement year in the NHS so if that is something you are also thinking about I would be happy to discuss on this forum (so others can see too!).

I hope this helped. :smile:

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest