The Student Room Group

Chinese Translation

Hey everyone, Happy new year.

I need a bit of help from some of you Chinese geniuses out there. I would like a little bit of text translated. I asked one of my chinese friends, and he didn't know (im pretty sure he only pretends to be chinese...:ninja:) so i could use some help. Rep will be given if it means anything to you.

NB: cos of how i held the camera, tilt your head to the right to see it as it was printed...but im sure you knew that anyway :P
It's so illegible that it's hard to read!
Reply 2
thats what he said :\
Reply 3
Is there no-one who can translate this!!! :O
Reply 4
It's really hard to read - I doubt anyone here can actually translate it fully. The person who wrote it might have used too big a brush.
Reply 5
Evanesyne
It's really hard to read - I doubt anyone here can actually translate it fully. The person who wrote it might have used too big a brush.

Ahh damn, never mind. Thanks for trying :smile:
Reply 6
Evanesyne

Ahh damn, never mind. Thanks for trying :smile:
Reply 7
It might be this:

一尺竹寒千尺勢
老夫胸次有靈奇

It's a poetic couplet from the Qing dynasty, so quite difficult to translate. Anyway, I'll have a go:

With the cool of a foot of bamboo, and the power of a thousand feet of bamboo,
There's an odd inspiration in this old chap's heart.

Lovely, huh? :P

(If anyone else wants to have a go at translating this, be my guest!)
Reply 8
No bloody idea what that says xD
Reply 9
Piers-
It might be this:

一尺竹寒千尺勢
老夫胸次有靈奇

It's a poetic couplet from the Qing dynasty, so quite difficult to translate. Anyway, I'll have a go:

With the cool of a foot of bamboo, and the power of a thousand feet of bamboo,
There's an odd inspiration in this old chap's heart.

Lovely, huh? :P

(If anyone else wants to have a go at translating this, be my guest!)

Wow, genius! Thanks very much, thats really nice :smile:
Reply 10
Bslforever
Wow, genius! Thanks very much, thats really nice :smile:

No problem! It's written a in pretty hardcore calligraphy style which is why it's so hard to read:biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending