The Student Room Group

Blackheads

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
~cherrykisses~
Your ment to be able to squeeze them out. But mine are so stubborn and no matter how much squeezing and pricking i give them, all i end up woth is a sore nose:frown:

The best way to remove stubborn blackheads is to do the following:

1. Cleanse your face and make sure all make-up is gone

2. Boil a kettle of water, pour it in the sink, chuck a towel over your head and let the vapours from the water open up your pores

3. After a few minutes your pores will be open and you can gently squeeze out the blackhead, try using tissues over your nails so not to leave any marks

4. Once they are all out you should lightly wash your face again and then splash it with cold water to close the pores

5. Moisturise as normal etc etc
Reply 41
http://www.womenfitness.net/beauty/skin/skin_myths.htm

"While it's true that only a tiny proportion of the water you drink goes directly to your skin, all that water will be helping to improve your circulation and flush out toxins - which in turn will have a direct bearing on your skin's radiance and clarity."
Reply 42
Fleece
http://www.womenfitness.net/beauty/skin/skin_myths.htm

"While it's true that only a tiny proportion of the water you drink goes directly to your skin, all that water will be helping to improve your circulation and flush out toxins - which in turn will have a direct bearing on your skin's radiance and clarity."

True, but spots aren't caused by toxins.
Reply 43
No but it can make your skin look nice :biggrin:
Reply 44
Fleece
No but it can make your skin look nice :biggrin:

/pedantic mode

Not if it's covered in spots/acne. :p:

/end pedantic mode
Reply 45
grave_dreams
Do anyone know any remedies such as creams/gel/face- wash to prevent or get rid off blackheads? Especially for people with oily skin.

I have blackheads all over my nose. Always have and when I pick them they just come back its weird. I have never and will never have acne though thank Bob :biggrin:
I have blackheads, particularly on my nose so I went out and bought some Neutrogena clear pore treatment (only about £3 from Boots). I've used it every night for about a month and there's definitely been some improvement, although I still have to have the odd squeeze :p:
Reply 47
Endymion
/pedantic mode

Not if it's covered in spots/acne. :p:

/end pedantic mode

I only said can :tongue:
Reply 48
-TMG-
I have blackheads all over my nose. Always have and when I pick them they just come back its weird. I have never and will never have acne though thank Bob :biggrin:

Why is it weird?
Don't pick! and how do you know you'll never have acne :p:
Reply 49
Cos when I pick them they don't go, they come back. It reminds me of that song 'I'm too sexy for my blackheads' hehe.

I don't have acne I mean, like huge outbreaks. I get the odd spot, usually on my back though...cos I'm a sweaty guy :wink:
Reply 50
-TMG-
Cos when I pick them they don't go, they come back. It reminds me of that song 'I'm too sexy for my blackheads' hehe.

I don't have acne I mean, like huge outbreaks. I get the odd spot, usually on my back though...cos I'm a sweaty guy :wink:

Um....nice :frown:
Reply 51
What? Sweaty guys don't do it for you? lol :biggrin:
Reply 52
haha surprisingly not
Reply 53
spangletastic
I have blackheads, particularly on my nose so I went out and bought some Neutrogena clear pore treatment (only about £3 from Boots). I've used it every night for about a month and there's definitely been some improvement, although I still have to have the odd squeeze :p:

That's the same stuff I use. It contains salicylic acid which does...something or other.
Reply 54
Suzie
Is that from experience that it gets rid of them.... maybe a trip to the doctors is in order!

Yep, it is from experience. The Differin is good stuff for clearing blackheads (used to have loads around my nose)

Only problem is, once you stop using it - they do tend to come back again eventually.
JudeX
Yep, it is from experience. The Differin is good stuff for clearing blackheads (used to have loads around my nose)

Only problem is, once you stop using it - they do tend to come back again eventually.

what's differin? :confused:
Reply 56
JudeX

Ahhh i see. I hate that when you stop using it and it has the reverse effect! Tnx

Latest

Trending

Trending