The Student Room Group
Reply 1
tsr_gb
hi,
has anyone done the EMPA written paper for this if so can you please guide me with what to revise in a pm or below.
thanks

i dunno, iv only done tasks one and two! what statistical test did you do? i think the written papaer might have water potential or something in it...
Reply 2
dpd5
i dunno, iv only done tasks one and two! what statistical test did you do? i think the written papaer might have water potential or something in it...

hey i still havent done task 1 . Can u tell me what you have to do in it? Please, because i have missed a couple of my biology lessons and don't know what to do in task 1 and have got it on Monday.
Reply 3
dpd5

same i have only done tasks 1 and 2. where straight forward. when do you have the written paper?
Reply 4
tsr_gb
same i have only done tasks 1 and 2. where straight forward. when do you have the written paper?

yeah they were pretty easy i thought, i have the written paper on tuesday morning! going up to an open day straight after so i have to sit it at 8am :P
Reply 5
dpd5

hey i still havent done task 1 . Can u tell me what you have to do in it? Please, because i have missed a couple of my biology lessons and don't know what to do in task 1 and have got it on Monday.
Reply 6
what stats test did you use?
Reply 7
academic45

well i wont be allowed to say, but il tell you that it is REALLY REALLY strightforward, and it tells you exactly what to do. Just read what it says and do it. Theres nothing really to catch you out. Its basically just a short practical with a few questions at the end.
Reply 8
stanleyfan
what stats test did you use?

well most people in my class did Standard deviation or spearmans rank. think you could do either, which did you do?
Reply 9
i always use spearmans rank because its easy to do and understand the result.
Reply 10
has anyone done the final writen paper? can u please help with wht cmes up?
Reply 11
hi,

do you have to have revised the statistical tests for task 1? thanks :smile:
Reply 12
Vali
hi,

do you have to have revised the statistical tests for task 1? thanks :smile:

no you dont need any stats tests til task 2!
Hi
How did you find the asks for the A2 EMPA on lettuce seedlings ?
was teh question paper hard?
and which practice experiments did you do last year
for example before our pectin one last eyar we did on on vicouse rice flour and apple pieces?
Was the practical ok and when do you need the statistical side e.g spermans rank/standard deviation?

any help will be appreciated

Thank you!

=)
Reply 14
stats comes in task 2
got task 3 on weds... not sure wot to look at for it, hopefully wont need to know all of photosynthesis again!!
anyone done task 3 or have any suggestios what to look at for it?
i'm thinking osmosis ....
Reply 15
kavskebabs
there was the stuff bout xerophytes and water uptake? that may come up- when is your written?

my task three is this wednesday,
ta for the suggestions - theyre v good!

have you done task 3?
Reply 16
i have task 3 on wednesday
Reply 17
dpd5
yeah they were pretty easy i thought, i have the written paper on tuesday morning! going up to an open day straight after so i have to sit it at 8am :P

how did it go then? hope it went well
Reply 18
ahh sooo glad biology coursework over now!! good luck to rest of ya x
any tips on what to revise.

Whats task one and two, and what is is baed on.

anyone pm me what to expect etc?

+rep given to anyone that helps

Latest

Trending

Trending