The Student Room Group

Converting scale to feet

I’m currently working on my uni project, I’ve been given a site to work on. I’ve converted the measurements from 1:100 to 1:50. My only issue now is, how do I figure out the actual square feet of the space with measurement from the width and the length of the space I have measured. Do I do the usual of x’ing the length and width and then convert the answer to ft? Thanks!
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 1
Not completely sure what you mean by ‘diverted the measurements’. However if you have a plan in 1:50 scale you can either convert the length and width measured in feet on the plan to actual distance by multiplying each measurement by 50, then multiply them together to get a result in square feet. Or multiply the length and width measurements you make on the plan together and multiply by 50 squared to arrive at the same result
Original post by Zarek
Not completely sure what you mean by ‘diverted the measurements’. However if you have a plan in 1:50 scale you can either convert the length and width measured in feet on the plan to actual distance by multiplying each measurement by 50, then multiply them together to get a result in square feet. Or multiply the length and width measurements you make on the plan together and multiply by 50 squared to arrive at the same result

Okay perfect! Thank you so much! I did mean to type convert, and not divert ha ha!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending