The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Brock is a wrester and entertainer. Lee was a martial artist, he was also a movie star.
people are talking as if bruce lee wasnt even human.
Brock Lesnar couldn't/wouldn't/won't beat Fedor Emilianenko.
And Steve Austin would Stunner his big Hulk ass.

Seriously though, Brock Lesnar is incredible but people are awe-struck by his body (and how he is deceptively fast etc.). Let's talk about how good he is in a few years, after he's had as many fights as the guys he's beaten so far.

Bruce Lee has wild fans and was a film star, but he was also one of the greatest martial artists of the twentieth century - people forget that. Personally, I think even someone like Jet Li would (have? - when younger) put up a hell of a fight - he too may be an actor, but he is a hugely talented martial artist.

Even more seriously, this is stupid and we all know it too.

And am I the only one who finds this whole Chuck Norris thing incredibly annoying?
It's also a certain 'type' of person who brings it up (that's not really some sort of profiling I'm trying to do, it's just those borderline indie emo kids...). I'm one of very few people I know who had seen a Chuck Norris film before all this rubbish (Channel Five, 9 o'clock movies!), awful though it was.
Reply 103
Fedor Emelianenko.
Reply 104
amenhotep
. I'm one of very few people I know who had seen a Chuck Norris film before all this rubbish (Channel Five, 9 o'clock movies!), awful though it was.

:lol: god those were terrible! But at least Chuck acknowledges he's a bad actor, his films are just entertainment.
Complex Simplicity
... on top of the MMA tree in full domination of the sport ...

What is your source? A trailer?

He has fought five times and lost once already (granted a loss in MMA isn't all that significant here). Defended his belt only once.

Brock Lesnar is top dog in UFC, but not undisputed (yet). NOT MMA.

Maybe he will be, this time next year. Or maybe the Brock bubble will have burst.
richwhite
:lol: god those were terrible! But at least Chuck acknowledges he's a bad actor, his films are just entertainment.

It wasn't just his films though - I have watched some horrendously bad films. There also seemed to be hundreds of very similar films, relating in some way to the US armed forces. I'd watch them with a two hour sleep timer on the TV!
amenhotep
What is your source? A trailer?

He has fought five times and lost once already (granted a loss in MMA isn't all that significant here). Defended his belt only once.

Brock Lesnar is top dog in UFC, but not undisputed (yet). NOT MMA.

Maybe he will be, this time next year. Or maybe the Brock bubble will have burst.

Simple: He Dominated Frankie Mir. And how many people do you know have become UFC champ in the space of two years? At the end of the day, if you take away Fedor, no one in the sport at present touches brock.
Reply 108
Complex Simplicity
Simple: He Dominated Frankie Mir. And how many people do you know have become UFC champ in the space of two years? At the end of the day, if you take away Fedor, no one in the sport at present touches brock.

Silva is P4P better IMO.
Reply 109
We're also forgetting MMA fighters are wearing 4 pound gloves, most martial artists would be bare handed.

Latest