The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Scroll to see replies

davebmfc
hey

i'm staying in Tennis Court, is it just me or is anybody annoyed about having single sex :frown: . I'll feel like i'm going boarding school, mmm I think I may leave the soap at home. Anywho I'm in block17 Flat 98 anything good to say about it?

Dave

single-sex flats are standard across the entire uni. the blocks are mixed though. trust me, there are plenty of women for you to meet...

tennis courts was great when i was there... look out for an all expenses paid bbq while you are there, in our first week we emptied 2 transit fans full of alchol between the 700 of us...

if you look in the accommodation thread i posted up a picture of block 17, ,looking over it from centre court. so at least you know roughly where you are :smile:
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
davebmfc
hey

i'm staying in Tennis Court, is it just me or is anybody annoyed about having single sex :frown: . I'll feel like i'm going boarding school, mmm I think I may leave the soap at home. Anywho I'm in block17 Flat 98 anything good to say about it?

Dave

ooo another londoner in Tennis court..v.good! Yeah when i found out it was all single sex i was pretty annoyed too as i live with my dad and brother and have LOADS of guy friends and so am totally not into the whole single sex environment but hey new and all
Reply 22
ooo another londoner in Tennis court..v.good! Yeah when i found out it was all single sex i was pretty annoyed too as i live with my dad and brother and have LOADS of guy friends and so am totally not into the whole single sex environment but hey new and all

hey

yeah i'm the opposite two sisters and most of my mates are girls. I suppose I can deal with single sex especially as tennis courts seems pretty good accommodation as far as I can tell. Where abouts in London you from? I'm South in Greenwich.

Dave
Reply 23
Looks like they put all us Londoners in Tennis Courts! I'm on the outskirts of South London, out near Kingston. Maybe we have a reputation......
davebmfc
hey

yeah i'm the opposite two sisters and most of my mates are girls. I suppose I can deal with single sex especially as tennis courts seems pretty good accommodation as far as I can tell. Where abouts in London you from? I'm South in Greenwich.

Dave

South too...live next to Brixton!
Reply 25
South too...live next to Brixton!

Oh cool I have a few friends around Dulwich area and others spotted around deptford, new cross etc, what college did u go to? Do you know CTK?
I went to SFX in clapham..I actually live in Herne Hill which is half way between Brikky and Dulwich. I applied to CTK! I know loads of people who went there
Reply 27
yeah ummm I know SFX quite well lol (personal joke :rolleyes: ) Whats it like there? What subjects you doing? What secondary school did you go to, I may know some of your friends?
davebmfc
yeah ummm I know SFX quite well lol (personal joke :rolleyes: ) Whats it like there? What subjects you doing? What secondary school did you go to, I may know some of your friends?

I went to "skets on da hill" - sydenham girls school for secondary. Did history/english/classics for A-level. I loved my college, made great friends and a really all inclusive atmosphere - am v. sad to leave. What about you? and are you doing the tennis courts fresher's package?
Reply 29
I'm really sad to leave CTK, I did History/Politics and Sociology for A Level.

I'm not really the most social person, when i drink i'm a bit more talkative but I'm not a big drinker either lol :angel:. I got all the info about it but i haven't booked up for anything I think I'll just go there and see what happens, I guess i'll go to a tennis courts gathering thing that doesn't havent to be pre-booked.
davebmfc
I'm really sad to leave CTK, I did History/Politics and Sociology for A Level.

I'm not really the most social person, when i drink i'm a bit more talkative but I'm not a big drinker either lol :angel:. I got all the info about it but i haven't booked up for anything I think I'll just go there and see what happens, I guess i'll go to a tennis courts gathering thing that doesn't havent to be pre-booked.

C'mon it'll be fun! You can't tell from my typing but I am a VERY social person..woo party time :biggrin:

Did you know Irene?
Reply 31
Hi, I am in Block 11 Flat 63 - does anyone know if this is a nice block or not?
you are right at the bottom of tennis courts, opposite the launderette :smile:

it's quiet down there anyway... away from the main roads and whatnot. block 11 is one of the non-refurbished ones though. still comfortable enough to live in :smile:
Reply 33
ClosetGinger
C'mon it'll be fun! You can't tell from my typing but I am a VERY social person..woo party time :biggrin:

Did you know Irene?

Yeah Irene is a really close friend of mine.

I'll prob get lost in first week so won't make it to any parties, I'm tempted to bring my skates so if you see somebody aimlessly rollerblading around campus looking slightly confused then come say hi.
:frown: is Beeches the only place not having any fresher's stuff?? *cries*
davebmfc
Yeah Irene is a really close friend of mine.

I'll prob get lost in first week so won't make it to any parties, I'm tempted to bring my skates so if you see somebody aimlessly rollerblading around campus looking slightly confused then come say hi.

:frown:

Irene was such a sweetie she was in my art and history classes at secondary. I have no sense of direction, i even get lost in my own area. please come to the parties! Any friend of Irene's has got to be a nice guy :biggrin:
pixiepeep

come and gatecrash ours..you can hide in my bag:smile:
pixiepeep

Don't worry that you haven't heard anything yet - We didn't hear about our Tennis Courts freshers stuff until the day we moved in last year - they had a stall and you bought them there and then.
Its probably just that TECRA are being uber organised this year, and maybe the Beeches residents association isn't. Don't worry - they'll definately be something!
Reply 38
ClosetGinger
:frown:

Irene was such a sweetie she was in my art and history classes at secondary. I have no sense of direction, i even get lost in my own area. please come to the parties! Any friend of Irene's has got to be a nice guy :biggrin:

Yeah Irenes still the same, Have you got any funny stories from secondary school about her that I can casually bring into a conversation per chance :rolleyes: ? (you can private message me them as it may be off the subject of this thread).

I'll try and make some of the parties, I'll be the one with the coke. :tomato:
davebmfc
hey

Dave

I feel the same way since I've just finished 7 years at an all girls school. I'm also in Block 17, in Flat 101 though... :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending