The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

muslim accomodation

I am a foundation student at BIA ( business and management ) and will start the foundation there around September. I'm currently looking for quiet accomodation and alcohol-free ( cz i am a muslim ) , which accommodation is the closest to the foundation building and is alcohol-free?
Original post by Anonymous
I am a foundation student at BIA ( business and management ) and will start the foundation there around September. I'm currently looking for quiet accomodation and alcohol-free ( cz i am a muslim ) , which accommodation is the closest to the foundation building and is alcohol-free?

Hi Anon,

Great to hear that you'll be joining us in September, we look forward to welcoming you!

In terms of alcohol free accommodation, this is likely to be individual flats rather than specific blocks. This is done on request, so when a number of students select alcohol free accommodation the accommodation team will do their best to allocate them together. :smile:

You can put this information down as a personal preference or under additional information on your accommodation application. For more information have a look at this page.

In terms of the location of the accommodation in relation to the lecture halls, Business and Management is most likely to be in the Business School (although teaching can take place anywhere across campus!) the closest accommodation sites to this would be Pritchatt's Park and Selly Oak villages.

I hope this helps, if you have any more questions let me know :smile: - Molly
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
thanks for answering my question :biggrin:

I'd prefer a shared bathroom if I can get a single-sex flat but if it's mixed then I'd rather have an en-suite room. I am not really into party or nightlife and I have a plan to live around the vale. Which accommodation is best around the vale ( for shared and en suite bathroom ) ??

thanks in advance !
Reply 3
Original post by University of Birmingham
Hi Anon,

Great to hear that you'll be joining us in September, we look forward to welcoming you!

In terms of alcohol free accommodation, this is likely to be individual flats rather than specific blocks. This is done on request, so when a number of students select alcohol free accommodation the accommodation team will do their best to allocate them together. :smile:

You can put this information down as a personal preference or under additional information on your accommodation application. For more information have a look at this page.

In terms of the location of the accommodation in relation to the lecture halls, Business and Management is most likely to be in the Business School (although teaching can take place anywhere across campus!) the closest accommodation sites to this would be Pritchatt's Park and Selly Oak villages.

I hope this helps, if you have any more questions let me know :smile: - Molly

I'd prefer a shared bathroom if I can get a single-sex flat but if it's mixed then I'd rather have an en-suite room. I am not really into party or nightlife and I have a plan to live around the vale. Which accommodation is best around the vale ( for shared and en suite bathroom ) ??

thanks in advance !
Original post by Anonymous

thanks in advance !

No problem at all!

We have lots of en-suite accommodation so I'll start with that:
Elgar Court (The Vale) £166 per week
Mason (The Vale) £174 per week
Chamberlain (the Vale) £182 per week

Shared bathoom:
Maple Bank (The Vale) £91 per week
Tennis Court (The Vale) £126 per week
Aitken (The Vale) £128 per week

I would say that Elgar Court and Aitken tend to be a bit quieter than Tennis Court or Mason for example, because they are smaller accommodations with fewer people living in them, however this is just my personal take on things! :biggrin:

It might also be worth considering Pritchatts Park, as there is some lovely shared bathroom accommodation here and this village is also a bit closer to campus than The Vale :smile:

Ashcroft (Pritchatts Park) £107 - £119 per week
Oakley Court (Pritchatts Park) £146 per week

We have lots more en-suite accommodation at Selly Oak Village and in Partner Accommodation also.

I hope that helps but let me know if you have any more questions! - Molly :biggrin:
Hi I want to live around Vale too. However, it is far and I am worried when it gets dark it will be hard to walk to and back from campus. Are there any uni bus services available for students?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending