Birmingham

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:frown: I got mason....
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Someone I know stayed in Mason last year and loved it. Personally I wouldnt want it but im sure you can change or you will be happy there.

I wanted elgar court but im happy with tennis court.
Reply 3
Kel27
Someone I know stayed in Mason last year and loved it. Personally I wouldnt want it but im sure you can change or you will be happy there.

I wanted elgar court but im happy with tennis court.

If u read my recent post u'll get an idea of the situation im in :frown:
Reply 4
How have you found out where you're staying? :frown:

I did the IB and got confirmed my place a while back but no news on accomodation?... :confused:
Reply 5
Kel27
Is anyone else staying here next year? I got my offer through this morning. Really excited!

i stayed there in my first year (2 years ago). any questions, feel free to ask :smile:
Reply 6
I was in TC last year *sniff* so sad to leave - had the best year there!

What block are you in? That'll give clues as to what its like (old/new/centre court)
Reply 7
umm i think its like block 18 or something, its a 6 person room. any ideas what it will be like?
Reply 8
Kel27
umm i think its like block 18 or something, its a 6 person room. any ideas what it will be like?

i posted some photos up in the accommodation thread along with a lil bit of info, i used to be in blck 21 in a 6 person-er :smile:

the kitchens are much bigger in these than in a 5-bedder, you have 2 freezers which helps immensely :wink:
Reply 9
I'm in Tennis Court, got the accomodation pack through this morning.
Hi, me too.

I got Block 1 Flat 1 room 5. Any impressions of that area, positive or negative? (Though preferabley positive :p: ) Is there any real reason why the fist set of rooms are more expensive? I got a more pricy one and was wondering if it's really any different or if you're paying for conveniance.
Reply 11
I think the more expensive ones are those that have been refurbished recently, so you have the advantage of newer stuff in those blocks.
Is anyone buying the Tennis Court freshers package now? It looks good, but I'm not sure whether most people go to them or events at the Guild, so if anyone could enlighten me I'd be very grateful!
rjones
I think the more expensive ones are those that have been refurbished recently, so you have the advantage of newer stuff in those blocks.
Is anyone buying the Tennis Court freshers package now? It looks good, but I'm not sure whether most people go to them or events at the Guild, so if anyone could enlighten me I'd be very grateful!

Go for the Tennis Courts Club Tours - I was a little apprehensive about it (i dont really go clubbing at home [we dont have any] and i found the whole thought of it a little scary), but i met some of my best friends on that club tour - there are some people that live in different halls that I still say hello to, only having met them on the club tour.

Plus you get T-SHIRTS!!

I also bought the Guild freshers pack, but i went on more of the TC nights out - i did go to the freshers ball and fab n freshers at the guild though
Reply 13
Hey.

Just signed up to ask the same question, but it looks like someone's done it for me! And yeah, I'll be at Tennis Court too, Block 19 Flat 119. Guess that means I'm not in any of the new renovated flats, but feck it.

Look foward to seeing you at the Fresher's week stuff if you're participating. I for one, am getting my cheque off asap!
xcolx
Hey.

Just signed up to ask the same question, but it looks like someone's done it for me! And yeah, I'll be at Tennis Court too, Block 19 Flat 119. Guess that means I'm not in any of the new renovated flats, but feck it.

Look foward to seeing you at the Fresher's week stuff if you're participating. I for one, am getting my cheque off asap!

You'll be glad you're not in the renovated flats - you're in Centre Court! Its the best, most social part of TC! PLus the flats are huge compared to the other blocks! [NB: blocks 18 - 21 are centre court - let me know if anyone is in good ol' block 21!]
Reply 15
Lupin Loopy
You'll be glad you're not in the renovated flats - you're in Centre Court! Its the best, most social part of TC! PLus the flats are huge compared to the other blocks! [NB: blocks 18 - 21 are centre court - let me know if anyone is in good ol' block 21!]

Well that's encouraging...cheers!
i sent off a cheque for the freshers package...and i've even made my hawaiian costume (sad i know)
Reply 17
Thanks for the info, best send that cheque off and go find a Hawaiian shirt!!
rjones
Thanks for the info, best send that cheque off and go find a Hawaiian shirt!!

oo if you're in the more expensive bit which block are you in? I'm in Block 3...Flat 15!
Reply 19
hey

i'm staying in Tennis Court, is it just me or is anybody annoyed about having single sex :frown: . I'll feel like i'm going boarding school, mmm I think I may leave the soap at home. Anywho I'm in block17 Flat 98 anything good to say about it?

Dave

Latest

Trending

Trending