The Student Room Group

Bohemian

Argh. Is it just me or is it getting wwwaaayy too trendy? It seems like I can't got anywhere without alot of the selection having something bohemian about it.. don't get me wrong, I love some of the things -- like the skirts, they're so comfy! -- but it's getting way to popular... do you guys wear stuff like that? See it going out of style anytime soon?

:tsr:
Reply 1
I don't wear the style myself but i reallyt like it's look but you can't leave the house without seeing someone in a skirt like that! They are multiplying but as the onset of winter is here i can't see them being worn a lot longer...
Reply 2
I've personally never worn anything boho, but it can look cool if its done right. If not, it just looks ridiculous and possibly even a bit chavvy!

I don't think people who follow trends will be wearing it for much longer though, generally autumn/winter '05 is about looking smart and put-together, and showing off curves by wearing things like pencil skirts and heels, apparently.
Reply 3
I hate gypsy skirts. I bought and wore one in Australia because I thought they were cool and I was basically the only person in one, then came back here, see that Sienna Miller wore one a few weeks before and that every single wannabe stylish chav in England is wearing them. Straight-down-the-charity-shop!

I suppose it's better for them to copy someone with good style, (Sienna Miller, albeit copied from Kate Moss anyway!!) than to wear something hideous.

Basically, I liked them before everyone was wearing them.

Thank god for AW05! Skinny jeans, waistcoats, heels/boots and skinny scarves! (Just don't tell the chavs)
Boho is over anyway, so at least we won't have to suffer its presence for much longer.
please, the look is already over. it was over before it began.

it's all about streamlined, classic, timeless, and fitted.
Absolutely, WetMyWhistle. :smile:
I don't care about fashions and trends. I don't care if something I wear is the latest thing or if it was "so last season".

It also seems that everything is "chavvy" now a days...though I'm still not entirely sure what a chav is. I hate labelling people. Though what I can see is that everyone on the entire planet is going to seem a bit chavvy at least once :rolleyes:
Reply 8
Amanda
Argh. Is it just me or is it getting wwwaaayy too trendy? It seems like I can't got anywhere without alot of the selection having something bohemian about it.. don't get me wrong, I love some of the things -- like the skirts, they're so comfy! -- but it's getting way to popular... do you guys wear stuff like that? See it going out of style anytime soon?

:tsr:

boho is on the way out. It is getting more modern which is something about it I like. Drummer Boy jackets are huge here at the moment.
Reply 9
I never liked boho - too loose and messy. Fortunately, it wasn't a big thing here. I'm still a fan of the classic look - more feminine and better fitting.
Reply 10
ahh I work at Dotti and its allll we have at the moment, its getting annoying.
Definitely over, although I will be hanging onto my long peacock feather print sequined skirt... it's just too gorgeous- sometimes clothes are worth hanging onto. gypsy skirts (the tiered ones) are defintely past it though.
Reply 12
Everdawn
ahh I work at Dotti and its allll we have at the moment, its getting annoying.

Lucky :p: You're getting discounts :biggrin: The classic look rocks - the way it's tighter where it should be and even when a bit more revealing, it still comes off elegant. I luffs it.
Reply 13
never wore any of the gypsy/peasant looking stuff. it's too big and floaty... i like stuff to be fitted. but then, i have been accused of dressing like a hippy (not sure why, no-one has managed to give me a reasonable explanation for this description, but hey) so i suppose i must be guilty of wearing boho somehow.
Reply 14
I don't much care for zeitgeist, in any incarnation: I co-ordinate colours by one another, not by others'.
i just wear what feels interesting... some days i look demi goth in black and lacey things, sometimes vaguely grunge, sometimes sort of trendy, other times tie dye bohemian hippy so its a varied mix.

Latest