The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
lilhunni_jo
ohh that's a good idea! I got a bit about technology in under the generation gap...basically reworded the title to essay 1 very slightly, they're gonna notice that! :p:

oh coool :smile: i thought about that one, they were a really nasty bunch of essays though!

Ooh fly :colone:

I know right! :woo: My teacher's face was a picture when he had a swatch at it lol :p:
bex285
Ooh fly :colone:

I know right! :woo: My teacher's face was a picture when he had a swatch at it lol :p:

fly? :s-smilie:

I looked at them before the listening...i was not impressed :p: i didn't see my teacher after, but i'd imagine her reaction was much the same :lol:
Reply 142
lilhunni_jo
fly? :s-smilie:

I looked at them before the listening...i was not impressed :p: i didn't see my teacher after, but i'd imagine her reaction was much the same :lol:

Never mind :p:

I was originally going to do the generation gap one but settled for the uni one, I felt I could ramble more :p:
Reply 143
bex285
I'm sure you'll have aced it :yep:
Do you need it for uni or anything? Not trying to be nosey btw, just haven't seen you around much to stalk your ucas process :colone: lol

haha thanks :smile: but it was actually so bad , i rambled on about how because of all the construction during expansion we are using too many fossil fuels and in turn we are having to change our way of lives to compensate. Ahh well :smile: i only need it if i dont get the grades i need for my highers ... and in that case i'd need a B. But thats only for one uni .. done need it for the other :yep: :smile:
Am I mistaken, or was there no future tense bullet points in the DW?
Reply 145
Laura2222
haha thanks :smile: but it was actually so bad , i rambled on about how because of all the construction during expansion we are using too many fossil fuels and in turn we are having to change our way of lives to compensate. Ahh well :smile: i only need it if i dont get the grades i need for my highers ... and in that case i'd need a B. But thats only for one uni .. done need it for the other :yep: :smile:

I'm sure it was good :yeo:
Aah I see, that's good then :biggrin:
Naomisg131
Am I mistaken, or was there no future tense bullet points in the DW?

I didn't spot any. Even the last one which said do you think a stay in France is a good idea I just said =

Je recommanderais un séjour en France parce que il nous permet apprendre la langue plus vite.

Can't remember what else I wrote for that bullet point though.
Anyway I suppose you could also say something like : J' y retournerai...
Reply 147
Vive La France
I didn't spot any. Even the last one which said do you think a stay in France is a good idea I just said =

Je recommanderais un séjour en France parce que il nous permet apprendre la langue plus vite.

Can't remember what else I wrote for that bullet point though.
Anyway I suppose you could also say something like : J' y retournerai...

There weren't any specific...I said something about wanting to go back next year in the future tense though..
Hello :smile:

I hope the exam went well for everyone. In the Directed Writing for the first bullet point when it asked when did you go do you think it is enough to say just last year? I never really thought much about it will afterwards when people were saying that had put 'in the month of etc...'

I thought I had done ok until I realised that :frown:
^^ I just said 'l'ete derniere.' Which I have since realised is wrong. DOH! It should be L'ete dernier, right? I think what you said would be fine though. It was a bullet point with double the info.
Oh well. Would that be considered a significant mistake?
mellow_yellow
Hello :smile:

I hope the exam went well for everyone. In the Directed Writing for the first bullet point when it asked when did you go do you think it is enough to say just last year? I never really thought much about it will afterwards when people were saying that had put 'in the month of etc...'

I thought I had done ok until I realised that :frown:

I put last year aswell, don't worry as that is all it said. I started with :

Depuis le commencement de mes études de la langue française j'avais eu envie d'aller en France pour améliorer mon français donc j'y suis allé l'année dernière rester avec une famille française pendant trois mois.

God that is alot of "français" when I look at it now!

Anyway what did everyone put for what you found different in France? Dodgy bullet point.

I just said I noticed the shops stayed open later than in scotland and the young people were nice and i had only been to frane once before so I didn't know how to get around.
I found the reading/translation to be very easy, listening was okay, not the hardest I've ever done. However, my essays were probably a load of crap :frown:
Reply 153
Vive La France
I put last year aswell, don't worry as that is all it said. I started with :

Depuis le commencement de mes études de la langue française j'avais eu envie d'aller en France pour améliorer mon français donc j'y suis allé l'année dernière rester avec une famille française pendant trois mois.

God that is alot of "français" when I look at it now!

Anyway what did everyone put for what you found different in France? Dodgy bullet point.

I just said I noticed the shops stayed open later than in scotland and thst young people were nice and i had only been to frane once before so I didn't know how to get around.

I think I said that the French people were cooler lol and that the weather was hotter
anyone know what the percentage is to get a band 1?
innestaylor
anyone know what the percentage is to get a band 1?

85% as usual.

Latest

Trending

Trending