Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am doing the EU :biggrin:
Reply 2
Teaddict
I am doing the EU :biggrin:

You're doing EU and Political Issues?!?

How about Unit 3?

I'm getting pretty worried over the EU as well, my teacher hasn't seem to have taught us a great deal about it all :frown:
Reply 3
ArchedEdge
You're doing EU and Political Issues?!?

How about Unit 3?

I'm getting pretty worried over the EU as well, my teacher hasn't seem to have taught us a great deal about it all :frown:

I study the European Union and Global Structures of Politics.

But the EU is quite easy really. You just need a good book. Try Politics in the European Union by Ian Bache and Stephen George.
Reply 4
Teaddict
I study the European Union and Global Structures of Politics.

But the EU is quite easy really. You just need a good book. Try Politics in the European Union by Ian Bache and Stephen George.

I've got the A Level Politics Made Easy by Kevin Bloor and the other one by McNaughton, but the the problem is they're all out of date and not totally focussed on the syllabus - is the one you suggested upto date etc?
Reply 5
ArchedEdge
I've got the A Level Politics Made Easy by Kevin Bloor and the other one by McNaughton, but the the problem is they're all out of date and not totally focussed on the syllabus - is the one you suggested upto date etc?

It is up to date in so far as it doesn't include the post-Lisbon era of the European Union. I don't think any books do as of yet. However, the Lisbon Treaty is exceptionally easy to understand; well the fundamentals that you need to know are, the Treaty itself is a bastard.
ArchedEdge

I've got the same book doing the same unit at the moment! Its so crap and boring I hate the E.U !
Reply 7
Teaddict
It is up to date in so far as it doesn't include the post-Lisbon era of the European Union. I don't think any books do as of yet. However, the Lisbon Treaty is exceptionally easy to understand; well the fundamentals that you need to know are, the Treaty itself is a bastard.

Ah ok, I'll give that book a look, cheers!
You don't happen to have any typed up notes do you?

timreynolds
I've got the same book doing the same unit at the moment! Its so crap and boring I hate the E.U !

You're doing the Uni 4 EU exam as well, or both 3A and 4A?
Reply 8
ArchedEdge

Hello ArchedEdge,

It is a good book. I do have some typed notes which I will willing email you tomorrow.
ArchedEdge

You're doing the Uni 4 EU exam as well, or both 3A and 4A?

It says - EU political issues, 4 option A :smile: I only need 40 marks though to get an A, so i'm not that fussed that I hate it lol!
Reply 10
im doing the EU and im so totally screwed! i hate it and im doing my unit 3 again uk political issues cuz i messed it up in jan

i need 2 ace them both 2 get an A overall which is not gona happen lol
Reply 11
I'm about to start writing up rough notes for the EU stuff..using some of the recent past papers as a guide

Does anyone have any of their own notes which I can use at the same time as a supplement?
Reply 12
ArchedEdge
I know it's a long shot, but just wondering if there's anyone else out there on Edexcel doing 3A and 4A of the new syllabus, i.e. UK and EU Political issues.

Practically everyone I know outside of my school are doing political ideologies/America, but it'd be nice to compare notes/papers with someone outside of my class -especially as there's no set textbook :frown:

Anyone at all?

I'm doing both of them. Do you know what questions came up in January, I'm trying to second guess the exam board :p: . And have you found any useful textbooks now? The best I've found is Britain and the European Union by Alistair Jones for 4A, but I've got nothing for 3A :|
Reply 13
Wolves130
I'm doing both of them. Do you know what questions came up in January, I'm trying to second guess the exam board :p: . And have you found any useful textbooks now? The best I've found is Britain and the European Union by Alistair Jones for 4A, but I've got nothing for 3A :|

Ah no I'm using the old one called A Level Politics Made Easy, kinda out of date but it has the bare bones and makes a starting point at least.

And questions from Jan? I have both papers lying around somewhere if you'd like to see them
Reply 14
ArchedEdge
Ah no I'm using the old one called A Level Politics Made Easy, kinda out of date but it has the bare bones and makes a starting point at least.

And questions from Jan? I have both papers lying around somewhere if you'd like to see them

Yeah please :biggrin: . I think i'm gonna give up looking for books now, just revise from my notes. My biggest worry is the 15 mark questions. I normally spend too much time thinking and only write about half a page, so I'm going to be doing a LOT of practice questions in the next few days :|
Reply 15
Wolves130
Yeah please :biggrin: . I think i'm gonna give up looking for books now, just revise from my notes. My biggest worry is the 15 mark questions. I normally spend too much time thinking and only write about half a page, so I'm going to be doing a LOT of practice questions in the next few days :|

Here you go!

Do you have any notes you've made I can take a look at?

Tbh I'm much more worried about unit 4, at least with the new unit 3 it's clear what's still on the syllabus. Plus our teacher prepared us well for it
Reply 16
ArchedEdge
Here you go!

Do you have any notes you've made I can take a look at?

Tbh I'm much more worried about unit 4, at least with the new unit 3 it's clear what's still on the syllabus. Plus our teacher prepared us well for it

Yeah sure, I've got some stuff which should be useful. I'll sort through all the crap and scan some decent stuff for you. I've attached an essay on Maastricht which I got 57/60 on, so hopefully that's a good start, and I'll scan other notes and essays at some point today :smile:.
Reply 17
im doing u4 - eu. i did u3 in jan... omg i hate domestic issues like the euro, cap and all that ****.....its soo boring
Reply 18
Ok now I've finished my other exams I guess I can focus solely on politics...yay fun.

In a slightly better position this week though, got some points off the Budget as well I think.

How's everyone else doing?
Reply 19
you lot are all incredibly negative regarding this politics exam! Theres really not that much to it, you learn several issues and then target one big topic for part B of the exam, I'll probably do the economy as it intertwines with the revision I done last week!

As for unit 4, i reckon CAP will come up at as an essay question

Latest

Trending

Trending