The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
FuturePilot
Oh, I'm sure you'll be fine :p:
Mine is on Friday
Good luck! :smile:

Cheers. I have an english nab after it and it's like ":zomg **** off" lol :indiff:
Reply 41
I hate half life :frown:

Screw my teacher and his **** explanations with a pole covered in barbed wire without lube >_<
Reply 42
I hate half life too... I'm gonna do a bunch of questions on them tomorrow...
Reply 43
Passed my last chemistry NAB today! Got 28 so I'm happy with that. And now I can sit the exam!!! YAY!
Reply 44
LuhLah
I hate half life :frown:

Screw my teacher and his **** explanations with a pole covered in barbed wire without lube >_<

I don't see how half life need much explaining. It is probably the easiest part of the course, the halfblife question in chemistry are like the half like questions in SG general Physics.
Reply 45
CT_Scan
I don't see how half life need much explaining. It is probably the easiest part of the course, the halfblife question in chemistry are like the half like questions in SG general Physics.

Well I never did physics and I couldn't quite frankly care what you find 'the easiest part of the course', it varies from person to person.
Reply 46
Lulope
Passed my last chemistry NAB today! Got 28 so I'm happy with that. And now I can sit the exam!!! YAY!

Nice feeling, yeah? :smile:
Reply 47
LuhLah
Nice feeling, yeah? :smile:

Very nice (: All my nabs for all my subjects done now too!

I just always managed to get confused about equilibrium. Mind if I ask you a quick question since you're a chem whizz?
Reply 48
Lulope
Very nice (: All my nabs for all my subjects done now too!

I just always managed to get confused about equilibrium. Mind if I ask you a quick question since you're a chem whizz?

I've only got one more nab and it's human biology :woo:

And sure :smile:
Reply 49
LuhLah
I've only got one more nab and it's human biology :woo:

And sure :smile:

It's very nice to know you don't need to do any more pointless tests.

It's to do with how high temperatures reactions favour endothermic reactions. I'm just not totally sure I understand why. I thought it would the other way because the temperature will want to go down to rectify the change.

Thanks (:
Reply 50
Lulope
It's very nice to know you don't need to do any more pointless tests.

It's to do with how high temperatures reactions favour endothermic reactions. I'm just not totally sure I understand why. I thought it would the other way because the temperature will want to go down to rectify the change.

Thanks (:

Just remember the increase of temp favours the endothermic reaction hence it shifts that way, and decrease shifts the equilibrium to the direction of the exothermic reactiom :smile:

E.g. If a forward reaction is endothermic, increase of temp would shift the equilbrium to the right cos more energy is taken in therefore more product formed and the opposite for a decrease :smile:
Reply 51
LuhLah
Just remember the increase of temp favours the endothermic reaction hence it shifts that way, and decrease shifts the equilibrium to the direction of the exothermic reactiom :smile:

E.g. If a forward reaction is endothermic, increase of temp would shift the equilbrium to the right and vice versa for a decrease :smile:

Do we need to know why it favours endothermic? See I though it would be exo to lower the temp but I'm probably being really dense.
Reply 52
Lulope
Do we need to know why it favours endothermic? See I though it would be exo to lower the temp but I'm probably being really dense.

Well endothermic reactions take in energy to make products, and increasing the temp provides more energy for the reaction to take in therefore more product forms :biggrin:
Reply 53
LuhLah
Well endothermic reactions take in energy to make products, and increasing the temp provides more energy for the reaction to take in therefore more product forms :biggrin:

Ah okay thanks. Totally get it (:
I added some past papers to the first post.
Reply 55
I'm trying to revise bonding between elements and compounds but Finding it really hard to remember, has anyone got any useful tips or links to help with this? Cheers!
Reply 56
Yeah sure, make up a table or get a periodic table and colour code them for example

Monatomic gases: Purple
Discrete covalent Molecular gases : Red
Covalent molecular solids: blue
Movalent networks green
Metalic Elemants Yellow

hope that helps?!
Reply 57
Feeling pretty confident about this exam now after my crappy C in my first prelim. Managed to get an A band 1 in the second, but there was one question that had me stumped. It's often the first question and it asks you about a substance that asks you to say which substance dissolved to form an alkali/acid? There was an example on the 2002 paper. Thanks, I'm sure its very basic :P
Reply 58
jackwka
Feeling pretty confident about this exam now after my crappy C in my first prelim. Managed to get an A band 1 in the second, but there was one question that had me stumped. It's often the first question and it asks you about a substance that asks you to say which substance dissolved to form an alkali/acid? There was an example on the 2002 paper. Thanks, I'm sure its very basic :P

Ammonia.
Reply 59
LuhLah
Ammonia.

Is this just something you need to remember? Or is there a way to work these out?

Latest

Trending

Trending