The Student Room Group

Master EPP (Sciences Po ) or Master ESS (Bocconi)??

Hy to everyone.
I am a third year undergraduate italian student (Luiss University- BSc in Business and economics) and i have been accepted into two different Master of Sciences; the first one is the Msc in economics and social sciences from Bocconi (italy) and the second one is the Msc in economics and Public policy (EPP) offered by Sciences Po Paris (in conjunction with X and ENSAE).
I have some doubts on which one to choose; maybe Sciences Po has a better reputation, but I was told that the Bocconi's economics department is bigger and more developed. Moreover if I decide to remain in Italy I may have the option to earn a Double Degree in conjunction with HEC Paris. Finally, EPP is pretty new, so that, I imagine, it may have some problems and imperfections.

What do you think is the best for an international career?
Thanks a lot!

PS: by now i do not have any particular idea about which career i may prefer; maybe I will continue with a PhD or try to get into an Investment Bank directly after my master.
Reply 1
It depends on you, on your specific interests.
ESS is, as you surely know, quantitative and yet complete under a social point of view in terms of preparation.

There are several opportunities to go abroad and practice through a stage offered by Bocconi. I can think of the new program Yale-Bocconi which sends a student there following their Phd.

If you are a strong candidate, I'm sure you'll do great at both institutions; From what I know students graduating from ESS are higly sought after in the international market.

Finally, regarding a possible Phd track, you'll have the opportunity to study with professors writing LoR's to students often admitted to top Usa programs (again it depends on you...).

My two cents: aim at a double degree HEC-Bocconi+ a stage during the summer of your 4th year at an investment bank(if possible). that would be great, and 100% won't hinder any of your future goals.

Note: I may be biased towards my home university :biggrin:
Reply 2
Thanks a lot for your answer: as you said Bocconi offers great opportunities; moreover if i get accepted in the DD with HEC i will have the opportunity to experience both the italian and the french "teaching style" so that I will not have to regret anything.

Anyway, other opinions are still welcome!
Reply 3
"bocconi" sounds stupid...so i'd go for Sciences Po
Reply 4
renjie
"bocconi" sounds stupid...so i'd go for Sciences Po

you sound it too ...
:cool:

Latest

Trending

Trending