The Student Room Group

Joint domestic and international degree?

Hello
I find the idea of doing two years at a domestic university and two years internationally interesting. I know St Andrews has this for international relations with William and Mary, and LSE with Columbia Law (but that's so selective there's no guarantee you'd do it).
I can't find a lot about this type of course online (lots of results for just joint honours), so was wondering if anyone had any pointers or knew if their university ran something similar?
Thank youu :smile:
Most universities will only offer a placement year abroad rather than two

The model of moving around is more common in masters courses - specifically the suite of Erasmus Mundus masters degrees: https://erasmus-plus.ec.europa.eu/opportunities/opportunities-for-individuals/students/erasmus-mundus-joint-masters which usually involve study at 3 or 4 locations over 18 months- 2 years
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Most universities will only offer a placement year abroad rather than two

The model of moving around is more common in masters courses - specifically the suite of Erasmus Mundus masters degrees: https://erasmus-plus.ec.europa.eu/opportunities/opportunities-for-individuals/students/erasmus-mundus-joint-masters which usually involve study at 3 or 4 locations over 18 months- 2 years

OK thanks for this information
Original post by Barreth
Hello
I find the idea of doing two years at a domestic university and two years internationally interesting. I know St Andrews has this for international relations with William and Mary, and LSE with Columbia Law (but that's so selective there's no guarantee you'd do it).
I can't find a lot about this type of course online (lots of results for just joint honours), so was wondering if anyone had any pointers or knew if their university ran something similar?
Thank youu :smile:

There aren't that many courses in this vein.

UCL and one of the Venetian universities (Ca' Foscari I think?) have dual degree programmes in this format for Italian Studies and/or History of Art - however for that programme you start at the other university then go to UCL, and so initially have to apply to the other one. Note also the funding models for these programmes are likely to be very different to typical UK degrees and you may not be entitled to SFE funding for some or all of the course.

Try searching for "dual degree programmes". LSE has a couple with Sciences Po as well (like the UCL one, you start at Sciences Po I believe though).

Southampton has a joint medical degree with a German university/hospital where you sort of alternate years between the two throughout, although it's only open to EU applicants now I believe post-Brexit (and requires C1 German anyway I think?).
Reply 4
Original post by artful_lounger
There aren't that many courses in this vein.

UCL and one of the Venetian universities (Ca' Foscari I think?) have dual degree programmes in this format for Italian Studies and/or History of Art - however for that programme you start at the other university then go to UCL, and so initially have to apply to the other one. Note also the funding models for these programmes are likely to be very different to typical UK degrees and you may not be entitled to SFE funding for some or all of the course.

Try searching for "dual degree programmes". LSE has a couple with Sciences Po as well (like the UCL one, you start at Sciences Po I believe though).

Southampton has a joint medical degree with a German university/hospital where you sort of alternate years between the two throughout, although it's only open to EU applicants now I believe post-Brexit (and requires C1 German anyway I think?).

Thanks for this comprehensive answer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending