The Student Room Group

Is any1 in this position???

So I finished my AS exams... had a 4 day holiday then started A2. Now i'm 2 weeks into A2 and am soooo confused nd boreddd!

None of our teachers have given us the books for our A2 course this is due to the "real" year 13's not returning them.

The school library/school shop doesn't have the relevent books.

I've phoned WHS, checked out amazon and even emailed Blackwell's for this one particular economics books that I want but I'm getting no reply. So WHAT do I do?????
I've just been messing about for the last two weeks cause I don't have the books so can't really do the work.... but it's getting really annoying and BORING!!!! :mad:

Can't make notes (not that I particularly enjoy making them), do hwk, essays, cw (for history) so I'm in a bit of a rut! :frown:

Suggestions please as to what I should do!?

Reply 1
Tell your teachers...
Reply 2
I didn't start A2 work until the September after AS exams? How come you're starting it so early?

But yeah, i'd let your college know!
Reply 3
wait till september to do the real work when you actually have the books ?
Reply 4
I doubt it, most people don't start A2 till September...Why are you starting so early?!?!?!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Reply 5
We're starting early too, most colleges and sixth forms do.

OP wait till September when you properly start and then complain about books, for our school they have a deadline for handing books back in which is for another 2 weeks.
Reply 6
maybesBABY
I doubt it, most people don't start A2 till September...Why are you starting so early?!?!?!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Well I wasn't really gonna start properly if u know what I mean??? I just want to read over the topics not actually start learning them! :biggrin:
For the first week i kinda took advantage of the fact that I had no books and just chilled but now it's getting really boring and I've still got a month left. It's like what the hell do I do?! :o:
Reply 7
talkaholic
Well I wasn't really gonna start properly if u know what I mean??? I just want to read over the topics not actually start learning them! :biggrin:
For the first week i kinda took advantage of the fact that I had no books and just chilled but now it's getting really boring and I've still got a month left. It's like what the hell do I do?! :o:

Oh right.
Urm, I suggest you stop worrying. There is plenty of material on the internet you can read also, if you really wanna be ahead.

Seriously talkaholic just have fun and enjoy your summer while you have it! :biggrin:
Reply 8
Ohhai
Tell your teachers...

Yeah I have... but they were like " oh, we can't do anything till the year 13's give the books back..." so THAT will be ages....

The worrying thing is that last year, we had such a severe shortage of history books that people in my class didn't have the book even when it was the week before the exam so were forced to buy their own! Even tho by then it was too late to revise from scratch. :eek:
talkaholic
Yeah I have... but they were like " oh, we can't do anything till the year 13's give the books back..." so THAT will be ages....

Not necessarily, A2 exams are just about finishing up this week and next...

....And would you want to be in U6th and have your text book taken off you days before your exam so the L6th can start the course? :p:
Reply 10
Just enjoy dossing around while you can, enjoy your summer and worry about A2 in September :biggrin:

That's what I did - except my school did have the books :p:
talkaholic
So I finished my AS exams... had a 4 day holiday then started A2. Now i'm 2 weeks into A2 and am soooo confused nd boreddd!

None of our teachers have given us the books for our A2 course this is due to the "real" year 13's not returning them.

The school library/school shop doesn't have the relevent books.

I've phoned WHS, checked out amazon and even emailed Blackwell's for this one particular economics books that I want but I'm getting no reply. So WHAT do I do?????
I've just been messing about for the last two weeks cause I don't have the books so can't really do the work.... but it's getting really annoying and BORING!!!! :mad:

Can't make notes (not that I particularly enjoy making them), do hwk, essays, cw (for history) so I'm in a bit of a rut! :frown:

Suggestions please as to what I should do!?

I'm in the same position, the first 3/4 weeks of A2 we have, we are gonna learn nada... everyone is so lazy, might as well have given us those 3 weeks off. Also like you said, our upper sixth have our textbooks as well so can't self study.
Just enjoy summer? Or look on google :smile:
Reply 13
Three things:

- Work on personal statement
- Have a rough ideas of unis you want to go to.
- Relax.

You have nothing to worry about. Wait until September. But do the 3 things that I have mentioned.
we had to do that, but you go over what you do anyway when you get back and you really can't remember what you did anyway so don't worry :smile:
Reply 15
We also do this, in fact we are doing it right now - I am coping with most of the stuff from now anyway, but it could be a good idea to get a feel of what the subjects are like in A2 - I think this is what I think they are trying to do to us.

As for the books - I think that you need to find out when the deadline is, this way you would know if it is yet to come. In my college, the A2 classes have until 1st July to return their books, I think most of them have already done so by now.

Latest