The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Is this a trick?
I would say Newcastle
Reply 3
LiamSwaby
Out of Newcastle and Lincoln, which would you all say is the best university? And why?

I hear Newcastle has a great nightlife,
But Lincoln is said to be just as good.

Comments appreciated!

Academically, certainly Newcastle. According to the Sunday Times Good University Guide, Newcastle is ranked 24th; Lincoln is ranked 74th. You can check out this link as it contains a lot of information about each university when you click on each name: http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/stug/universityguide.php

So, overall, Newcastle has a great reputation and a better nightlife (so you say). On that basis, Newcastle every time!

Hope this helped :cool:
LOL. Have you ever been to Lincoln?
Reply 5
Newcastle
Reply 6
Awww I thought we were coming on here to give our opinions of which university in the country is the best!....
Reply 7
Newcastle is nice. The University has a great location, quite central.
Reply 8
TheSmurfs
Awww I thought we were coming on here to give our opinions of which university in the country is the best!....

Yeah I was thinking the same.
OP go with Newcastle!
RedRevolver
LOL. Have you ever been to Lincoln?

off topic

hello. i have this question that
firstly i wanna know that what actually are the job prospects for mechanical engineering graduates from uk university over those from other european nations like netherlands or germany. secondly what pay they can expect at the start and is it easy getting a job in companies like airbus or accenture,shell-or guys from oxbridge are given preference above all.
blacklight
Newcastle is nice. The University has a great location, quite central.

off topic.

hello . i have this question that
firstly i wanna know that what actually are the job prospects for mechanical engineering graduates from uk university over those from other european nations like netherlands or germany. secondly what pay they can expect at the start and is it easy getting a job in companies like airbus or accenture,shell-or guys from oxbridge are given preference above all.
London > The rest of the world
Newcastle. Though I wouldn't say Lincoln is bad, don't judge it by the league tables. It's a fairly new uni. Both my sisters went there and I visited them a few times and the uni was really nice. The surrounding town is pretty too.
Reply 13
Newcastle university is a better than Lincoln university not just in ranking but in student satisfaction,A/AS levels and Employment.
greenforce
off topic.

hello . i have this question that

PM them?

To the OP - Newcastle, I have loads of friends that went there and they had an ace time, and academically it's better too :biggrin:
Reply 15
Oxford.
Reply 16
I don't know which is the best Uni but the nightlife in Newcastle is miles better than Lincoln.
Reply 17
Newcastle is lightyears ahead of Lincoln in all aspects

Latest

Trending

Trending