The Student Room Group

Transferring courses

I’m an offer holder for nursing starting this september and I want to change to primary education. I know it is possible to change courses before starting if i was to contact admissions, but since i’d have to do another interview what would happen if i was to fail the primary interview? Would i lose my place in nursing too?
Original post by ellapeloe
I’m an offer holder for nursing starting this september and I want to change to primary education. I know it is possible to change courses before starting if i was to contact admissions, but since i’d have to do another interview what would happen if i was to fail the primary interview? Would i lose my place in nursing too?
Hi

The best thing to do would be to contact the university and first see whether a change is possible (assuming you will be doing primary education at the same university you have applied to for nursing). They'll be able to explain to you what would happen if you failed the interview and what would happen to your nursing place. If you explain your situation to them and ask them for some advice and support I'm sure they'd be more than willing to help!

There is no general answer as all universities will have different ways of transferring courses so it is best you speak directly to the university applied to.

Hope this helps, Ella
Original post by ellapeloe

hi i’m really interested in nursing at leeds and i’d be applying late, what requirements were you offered?
Original post by nooraaaaa
hi i’m really interested in nursing at leeds and i’d be applying late, what requirements were you offered?

It will say what the entry requirements are on the uni's website.
Hi there,

Changing courses before the start of university is a decision many students make and it's great that you're exploring your options.

If you're thinking of changing your course from nursing to primary education, here are a few things you might want to consider.

Contacting Admissoins: reach out to them as soon as possible to ask about their policies regarding course changes.

Interview Outcome: if the interview for the new course is not successful, you should retain your place in the nursing program; however, it would be best to look into the university's specific policies.

Timing: make sure to familiarize yourself with all of the deadlines and the process for changing courses as some universities have specific time frames for those who wish to change courses.

Remember, it's best to directly reach out to the university to receive confirmation.

I hope I managed to help!

Best of luck,
Melanie
LSBU Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending