Reply 20
Well if Liberty X are coming, I'm there... :rolleyes:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 21
Anathema
I saw GLC at Reading. They were well funny, but it fitted the mood of the moment. Maybe not for a night out...

Yeah they were quite funny at Reading but I've seen them at Brixton too and they were amazing (especially when quite drunk).
Reply 22
My friend had a gas canister blow up in his face at reading! :eek: He's all burnt, but healing pretty well, it might not even scar. Did look bad for a while though. xx
Reply 23
mousey
My friend had a gas canister blow up in his face at reading! :eek: He's all burnt, but healing pretty well, it might not even scar. Did look bad for a while though. xx

ouch!...I was well back when all the explosions went off!
Reply 24
As I said before... did you hear about the 15 year old boy.... ??
Reply 25
So does everyone go to everything in Freshers week cos I'm not sure I'll even have enough cash, £12 for a party that sounds a bit of a let down surely isn't worth bothering with!

P.S. Chesney Hawkes is a legend though.
yeah weekone party is a rip ... most parties are only £3-5 during freshers though!! most club nights thruout the year are £2/3 so its really cheap otherwise, saying that summer party on the downs tickets opened at £17 and closed at £30 by the end or soemthing stupid like that!!

Morad the guy running the weekone party is a legend, hustu weekone rep last year, top bloke!!
Reply 27
Really looking forward to most the freshers week parties for the hustu'rs, they sound fantasic :smile:
Plus just bought a suit for the formals and looking forward to getting used to shoulder pads!
i love formals, top table for me :biggrin: anyway i notice you have pro evo pic in ur profile, we have a lil bit of an obsession with that here (well others do i dont lower myself to the trivialities of computer games no more) so youll no doubt be playing wongo soon ... very soon!! and hope you dont lose cos he jibbers on about anything for long enough

ps wongos the president!!
I'm used to expensive party tickets-my school Summer ball cost £25, yet the Repton school (where a friend went) summer ball cost £65!! If there aren't enough tickets then I'm not really fussed.
balls etc are approx £30, bar the snowflake ball which was like £50 or something daft ... yeah the weekone parties expensive and has a shocking lineup. whereas the party on the downs is only a lil bit more, lasts all day and night, is outdoors, has many tents with every music, and a main stage featuring such ppl as Colin Murray, some dude from neighbouts (very funny!) and others... real good fun :biggrin:
Reply 31
Lewis-HuStuJCR
balls etc are approx £30, bar the snowflake ball which was like £50 or something daft ... yeah the weekone parties expensive and has a shocking lineup. whereas the party on the downs is only a lil bit more, lasts all day and night, is outdoors, has many tents with every music, and a main stage featuring such ppl as Colin Murray, some dude from neighbouts (very funny!) and others... real good fun :biggrin:

Snowflake was £35 I think.

And the 'dude from neighbours' was Alan Fletcher, AKA Karl Kennedy!
Reply 32
what are these formals you guys are talking about??!
Reply 33
alex-HSH

And the 'dude from neighbours' was Alan Fletcher, AKA Karl Kennedy!

He was fantastic! Sooooo funny!
Reply 34
Vickstar
what are these formals you guys are talking about??!

Hu Stu has a formal dinner every week. Other halls have them once a term maximum. Not sure about self catered though.
I think Lenton has them five times a year - freshers, Xmas, ermm, other occasions :biggrin:
Reply 36
alex-HSH
Hu Stu has a formal dinner every week.

surely that just stops being special after a while? Must be a chore for the girls.
Reply 37
Anathema
surely that just stops being special after a while? Must be a chore for the girls.

Not being a girl I wouldn't know about that... but I thought it was quite fun
Reply 38
but every week?? what if you'd had a bad day, just wanted to put in a big jumper and go to bed? with everyone else dressing up and getting drunk downstairs, must be depressing. but for guys... id say if its as you described with lots of bare skin, and girls on wine.... must have been ok. drunk semi naked girls...
Reply 39
I think it will be loads of fun. Everyone getting drunk together and going out clubing afterwards, sounds great. It will only be a chore for the girls if they stress out about 'already wearing this skirt 4 weeks ago...' etc. xx

Latest

Trending

Trending