The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

BA and Quantus have always provided free unlimited alcohol. There's always been typical Aussies getting battered on them.
zee757
1. Your age- I doubt they will serve alcohol to anyone under 18
2. yeah- i dunno about as much as you want, But i'm sure if you request it like your brother does and gives you a bit (loool) they won't mind. Like call the cabin crew person over and say can i have a bottle/glass of blah blah blah. You could get away with the age thing tbh- I've been on planes where the person infront is ordering loads of alcohol every five seconds and the cabin crew were like yeahh here you go lol. Plus you get alcohol with meals :smile: But the alcohol you get are like small cans or miniature bottles not regular sized ones- but you don't want to get hammered so its all cool :smile:
What airline you going to be traveling on?

Ahhh, thanks for commenting and about the airline, I have no idea lol:confused: I know, that's really bad!
Reply 22
pinda.college
Ahhh, thanks for commenting and about the airline, I have no idea lol:confused: I know, that's really bad!

lol- if it isn't easyjet or ryanair ( budget carriers) you'll be okay :biggrin:
Reply 23
Gatwick/Stansted/John Lennon Weatherspoons. The starting point for many a famous trip...
Reply 24
Duty free? Buy it before you go on the plane, crack open once you're on. SImples.
1. I flew to China recently, I'm 17 and they were fine with serving me beer/wine (I don't think they had any spirits)
2. Basically, they will serve you unless you get rowdy I reckon. As long as you are a calm drunk, you should be fine.
Reply 26
Step aside gentlemen (ahem.)

I have flown around the world on my gap year (long haul) emirates sepcially, and virgin blue etc.

They do serve acohol on the plane, easy no limits. On the way back from Bangkok - Dubai i was with a german dude, and we got loadsa beers, and proceeded to have a few more at the smoking bar in Dubai :wink:.

Then onwards to Birmingham on my own, soon to see my family after 8 months, I reguarly asked for 2 cans at a time :smile:. Tbh I didnt really get that drunk but it was fine.

The only thing was the stewarts were giving me funny looks afer a while (rolls eyes) and even gave me a glass of water with my can. They also conviently forgot my order, and i had to be persistant! It pays off though!

So if its longhaul, on a decent airline your get free unlimited drinks.

Also i agree, weatherspoons Gatwick... I plan on having a couple there on Wedensday (6am) before I go to Munich... on my own :O
Too see a German bird I met in Oz :smile: Should be the start of a famous trip! :smile:
It depends if it's long- or short-haul flight. I've flown to California more times than I care to remember, and on the direct flights alcohol is free (although once I was sitting with some particularly rowdy guys going away for a stag week and they didn't let us have spirits haha...), whereas on the connecting flights, the longer leg (e.g. London to Detroit or something) served free beverages and food, and the domestic leg (e.g. DTW to LAX) charged for food and drink.

If you're on a budget airline or short-haul flight I assume they will probably charge you for alcohol (at least after the first drink). It's kinda expensive too.
Also, from experience the people who work at US immigration at the airport are invariably knobs. I wouldn't want to have to deal with them while I was drunk. I got free booze on my KLM flights in January. Manchester to Amsterdam and Amsterdam to JFK, but I didn't have enough to get particularly squiffy.
I don't know what kind of craphole airlines you people have been flying with but when I fly you can drink as much as you want of spirits, wine, beer etc. I've gone to ask for a half dozen of the little bottles of smirnoff and the people are always fine with it.
I got given some wine on a BA flight last week, drank a bit of that then they asked me if I wanted more :colondollar:. Didn't ask my age, I don't look particularly old either :king3:. I think they'd stop letting you have it once you get a bit tipsy/drunk, safety reasons and all that.
Reply 31
AdaD
Duty free? Buy it before you go on the plane, crack open once you're on. SImples.

Yup. That's what I do and it's easy to get sufficient mixer on request.

More likely than not, they won't serve you alcohol if you look like you're under the legal age. If you get lucky, you still won't get more than 3-4 drinks tops.
Reply 32
cowsgoquack
I don't know what kind of craphole airlines you people have been flying with but when I fly you can drink as much as you want of spirits, wine, beer etc. I've gone to ask for a half dozen of the little bottles of smirnoff and the people are always fine with it.

I bet daddy picked up a nice bill :biggrin:
Reply 33
ah I remember one time why I was 15 on virgin atlantic upper class the airhostess wast trying to get my sister who was 16 at the time to have a drink but shes a goody two shoes so she said no...If you fly virgin upperclass they have an onboard bar and stuff and they offer you drinks if ur over 18 but yeah if u get drunk they will say no more for u!
It'll be expensive on the plane. You're better off buying it in duty-free but make sure you buy it on the other side of security, otherwise you'll have a job and a half getting a bottle of liquid past them.

They'll let you drink plenty, but if you're drunk and disorderly, they're well within their rights to stop you drinking, and there's still law governing such behaviour.

I do recommend just waiting until you land and buying it on the ground - you'll save a lot of cash, and you don't need to get drunk to catch up, do you?
I'm going to vegas on sunday with the family, I'm 17 so I'll only be able to drink in the hotel room once we get there. It's a free bar with virgin for 10 hours so it should be a good sess.
Sternumator
I'm going to vegas on sunday with the family, I'm 17 so I'll only be able to drink in the hotel room once we get there. It's a free bar with virgin for 10 hours so it should be a good sess.

Holong you staying?

I'm going Orlando.:biggrin:
Haha, drunk on a plane. Not at those prices!
When I went to the caribbean last summer.. I just went crazy and had a fair bit... it is true, you do get drunk far quicker, it did speed up the journey though I felt crap for the rest of the day.
Reply 39
Yeah if you're going with a decent airline (no budget crap) they'll serve you alcohol... and you can have a good few before they refuse to serve any more.

Just be polite and don't seem like you're going to get intoxicated any time soon lol.

Latest

Trending

Trending