The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Definitely wasting far too much time pondering over the legitimacy of packing Halloween and Christmas decorations...
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
anybody booked tickets for the alton towers trip?
Tha_Black_Shinobi

Skipping Alton Towers. I think I'll be exhausted by the time the trip comes around haha :smile:
Tha_Black_Shinobi

I have! I will probably be dead on the trip though after clubbing five nights in a row and probably drinking wayyy more than usual (since it's so much cheaper up in notts compared to london prices xP). But WHO CARES? Haha. One go on a roller-coaster and we'll be wide awake! Hopefully...
Trust me guys! No one has as much as I do! Hahah. Soooo many bags. Probably at least 10 and that's just for clothing and shoes. I dare not count the other stuff included...

However it turns out we're not taking my big car xD we're taking the small one... -FAIL- So I have to unpack stuff today and then my parents are going past Nottingham in two weeks time so they said they will drop off the rest of the bags, LOL.

So I'm not worried about how it will fit in the car... I'm worried about how it will fit in the room!! :P
channy
What is this medical form? :holmes: and...do I need to do anything else?

I haven't done that either actually... But it's at the back of the welcome book they should have sent you by now!

Also off the top of my head...
- Upload photo for University Card
- Fill out your halls of residence form
- The medical form
- Sort out Student Finance
- Sort out paying for your accommodation (if you're waiting for student finance then read on what to do for that and do that, lol)
- You may be able to pay for your sports card now if you want it, I'm not sure actually... Might need to wait until you get there.
- Get anything you may need for your new GP (I had to get a letter from my doc but that was cause he wanted to send one, lol. So you may not. It depends if you have any ongoing treatments or anything!)
- Check your laptop (if you take one) works with Nottingham's network from the portal
- If you have a student account with any bank then register for any of their bonuses that you want to get (like Insurance with Santander or Railcard with Natwest etc)
- Make sure you take your important papers with you to university

And I can't think of anything else since it's too early for my brain to work... And yes, I know it's 11am but that's early for my brain. My brain works at like.. 11pm >.> Honestly, I should be attending night lessons or something! /Random tangent, sorry.

Yup, hopefully someone else will add if I missed anything vital! (:
Where's the Halls of Residence form? Is that the one on the Nottingham Hospitality page?

When/where do we hand that in, is it just when we arrive at the Hall or...?
Reply 1387
@Ourkizuna Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you are also an Ancy fresher like myself? Any chance we could exchange Facebook info, as I've been looking for someone (or some group) to go to Alton Towers trip. Finding someone/somepeople should give me the incentive to book :smile:

Anywho: I'm at facebook.com/jolber
TheOriginalTinyT
Where's the Halls of Residence form? Is that the one on the Nottingham Hospitality page?

When/where do we hand that in, is it just when we arrive at the Hall or...?

I'm not sure if the halls of residence form is for every hall. However, I think it is for all of the ones on UP at least - if you are in one of those.

For mine, I emailed it to Ancaster directly. Let me just see if I can find it again for you though... Alright I can't find it... OH WAIT! I should have it on my email...

Okay! Got it: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/nh/accomm_offer/Before_%20arrival_%20information.html

That's the url. If you look under "residence" (which is the very first thing :P) it has a link to the forms and a link to the email addresses you need to send it to! (: Hope that helps.
Jolber
@Ourkizuna Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you are also an Ancy fresher like myself? Any chance we could exchange Facebook info, as I've been looking for someone (or some group) to go to Alton Towers trip. Finding someone/somepeople should give me the incentive to book :smile:

Anywho: I'm at facebook.com/jolber

Yup! Ancy fresher - glad there are some more :P I swear it seems like no one lives there even though it's one of the biggest! Haha and yeah, I know what you mean. I'm hoping I'll just have people to go with by the time it comes round :P

EDIT - added you, by the way. (Kris) ^-^
(edited 13 years ago)
Good to see other people have struggled with the immunisation dates on the medical form! Does it matter if we leave some of them? They'll be getting our medical records anyway so won't they be able to get information from that?
I've just had two neighbours cry because I'm leaving and my Dad cried last night !
Anyone else witnessed any tears so far :|
veggie4life
I've just had two neighbours cry because I'm leaving and my Dad cried last night !

tonnes! I've had relatives come over all week, getting sentimental and pulling out baby pictures! it's as if i'm leaving country, well at least we know we're loved :biggrin:
veggie4life

Nope, my family's glad to be rid of me, they're going out for dinner once they've dropped me off at uni, to celebrate :indiff:
ourkizuna
I'm not sure if the halls of residence form is for every hall. However, I think it is for all of the ones on UP at least - if you are in one of those.

For mine, I emailed it to Ancaster directly. Let me just see if I can find it again for you though... Alright I can't find it... OH WAIT! I should have it on my email...

Okay! Got it: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/nh/accomm_offer/Before_%20arrival_%20information.html

That's the url. If you look under "residence" (which is the very first thing :P) it has a link to the forms and a link to the email addresses you need to send it to! (: Hope that helps.

Hah, I liked the little stream of conciousness there, that was nice :smile:

Ooo cool, fantastic! Thanks very much :smile:
So we have to send that off before we arrive then?
:erm:
veggie4life

Oh dear :/ I haven't had anything like that yet, I kinda hope I don't, I think I'd be awkward!

By the way people, what are we actually supposed to enter into this ePars thing? I thought I remembered needing to give them info, but I'm not seeing anything....
Reply 1396
ourkizuna
I haven't done that either actually... But it's at the back of the welcome book they should have sent you by now!

Also off the top of my head...
- Upload photo for University Card
- Fill out your halls of residence form
- The medical form
- Sort out Student Finance
- Sort out paying for your accommodation (if you're waiting for student finance then read on what to do for that and do that, lol)
- You may be able to pay for your sports card now if you want it, I'm not sure actually... Might need to wait until you get there.
- Get anything you may need for your new GP (I had to get a letter from my doc but that was cause he wanted to send one, lol. So you may not. It depends if you have any ongoing treatments or anything!)
- Check your laptop (if you take one) works with Nottingham's network from the portal
- If you have a student account with any bank then register for any of their bonuses that you want to get (like Insurance with Santander or Railcard with Natwest etc)
- Make sure you take your important papers with you to university

And I can't think of anything else since it's too early for my brain to work... And yes, I know it's 11am but that's early for my brain. My brain works at like.. 11pm >.> Honestly, I should be attending night lessons or something! /Random tangent, sorry.

Yup, hopefully someone else will add if I missed anything vital! (:

Nice :smile: All I gotta do is this medical form (I'm sure I've had all the jabs) and try and find my offer letter (do I actually need it?). I haven't spoken or been to my GP in years! May have to phone him...
Reply 1397
IM HEREEEE. is anyone else around later? my flat is empty :/
edithwashere
Nope, my family's glad to be rid of me, they're going out for dinner once they've dropped me off at uni, to celebrate :indiff:

Same with my lot! :rolleyes: The only one that's been crying is me - and that's because I'm trying to decide what I need to take!
edithwashere

Awwwww, well pft! We'll have more fun than them... right? (:

My parents are being crazy. They are really tensed and sad. Especially since I'm the first to move out to date and their youngest child, haha.

Latest

Trending

Trending