The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Riverside Point Nottingham 2022

Hi, I’ve just received where I’ll be staying. I’m in block F on floor 2, flat 54. If you’re in the same flat or on the same floor let me know. I’m also a first year studying criminology at UoN

Scroll to see replies

I'm a second year at UoN- if you have any questions about studying here or living in notts lemme know!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
hiii unfortunately i’m not in the same area as u but it’s nice to see someone else who has applied for riverside. probs not very useful but i thought it would be better to at least say hello :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by cynthiapoopia
hiii unfortunately i’m not in the same area as u but it’s nice to see someone else who has applied for riverside. probs not very useful but i thought it would be better to at least say hello :smile:

Awh that’s really cool to know we’re in the same accommodation! I’ve not met many people that are in riverside point. Do you know if there’s a lot of undergraduates and if the social life is good at riverside?
Original post by LilyMayx2
Awh that’s really cool to know we’re in the same accommodation! I’ve not met many people that are in riverside point. Do you know if there’s a lot of undergraduates and if the social life is good at riverside?

i’ve seen someone else say they have a place there, and my friend and i are in the same block too. from what i’ve read, it can be quiet as there’s not a lot of undergraduates there? i believe there’s a mix of uni of notts and nottingham trent students too. but this is stuff from like years ago. honestly i think social life stuff just changes each year depending on who you get to live with
Reply 5
i’ve seen someone else say they have a place there, and my friend and i are in the same block too. from what i’ve read, it can be quiet as there’s not a lot of undergraduates there? i believe there’s a mix of uni of notts and nottingham trent students too. but this is stuff from like years ago. honestly i think social life stuff just changes each year depending on who you get to live with

Yeah tbf I agree. I’ve met 2 of my flatmates so far and they’re both undergraduates so I’m hoping it’ll be social. Also I’m in all the watts app gc’s with like 200 people and I’ve only found one postgraduate person. So I think riverside has changed a lot over the years but I’m not entirely sure
Yeah tbf I agree. I’ve met 2 of my flatmates so far and they’re both undergraduates so I’m hoping it’ll be social. Also I’m in all the watts app gc’s with like 200 people and I’ve only found one postgraduate person. So I think riverside has changed a lot over the years but I’m not entirely sure

Hey,

I am a current 3rd year at Nottingham.
I didn't stay in riverside but someone I know in the year below me stayed there in her first year.
She found it just as social as any other accommodations. I think you are right that the demographic has probably changed quite a bit as most people I know through my friend that lived there are all undergraduate student from UoN. I think in every accommodation you might get the odd Trent student or postgraduate student but that also doesn't mean it will be less social.
I know quite a few people in the year above doing their masters and they seem to have more of a social life than me half of the time.

I hope this helps a bit and if you have any questions about Nottingham or anything else just let me know,
Emily :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by EmilyClarke24
Hey,

I am a current 3rd year at Nottingham.
I didn't stay in riverside but someone I know in the year below me stayed there in her first year.
She found it just as social as any other accommodations. I think you are right that the demographic has probably changed quite a bit as most people I know through my friend that lived there are all undergraduate student from UoN. I think in every accommodation you might get the odd Trent student or postgraduate student but that also doesn't mean it will be less social.
I know quite a few people in the year above doing their masters and they seem to have more of a social life than me half of the time.

I hope this helps a bit and if you have any questions about Nottingham or anything else just let me know,

Thank you so much! I’m glad to hear that I’ll be having a social life at riverside! It was my second choice so I just started to worry as I hadn’t done too much research into it.

I also just want to ask about freshers tickets. I’m in a few group chats for UoN and Riverside Point and people are constantly saying they’ve bought tickets for various events which are SO expensive. I don’t want to miss out, but at the same time don’t want to pay those prices. I’m hoping I can still get into places with buying tickets on door or buying tickets from Facebook. My flatmates (only two at the moment) have bought the same tickets and I kinda feel a bit left out and pressured to buy them. I want to spend freshers with my flatmates but just really don’t want to buy these random tickets from group chats. What is your advice with freshers tickets? And what did you do?
Thank you so much! I’m glad to hear that I’ll be having a social life at riverside! It was my second choice so I just started to worry as I hadn’t done too much research into it.

I also just want to ask about freshers tickets. I’m in a few group chats for UoN and Riverside Point and people are constantly saying they’ve bought tickets for various events which are SO expensive. I don’t want to miss out, but at the same time don’t want to pay those prices. I’m hoping I can still get into places with buying tickets on door or buying tickets from Facebook. My flatmates (only two at the moment) have bought the same tickets and I kinda feel a bit left out and pressured to buy them. I want to spend freshers with my flatmates but just really don’t want to buy these random tickets from group chats. What is your advice with freshers tickets? And what did you do?

Things may have changed since my freshers as a lot of clubs have changed how they do their tickets after covid but I did have to buy tickets for the freshers events/club nights.
These were only around £7-9 from memory so don't pay anything more than that. I only bought them in August time so you still have time and I am not sure that the ones that are out now would be the official uni ones and I would recommend you get these as you also get free transport to the clubs.
The clubs that would have the events are Rock city, Pryzm, Ocean, and maybe Unit 13 so if they are not for these then I wouldn't get them just yet. I don't think you would be able to get tickets on the door as they have specific nights for freshers only but there will always be some people on buy and sell or unisalad selling them near the time.
But yeah for now I wouldn't rush into buying anything, especially if they are really expensive as the official ones will be around 7-9.

Hope this helps,
Reply 9
Things may have changed since my freshers as a lot of clubs have changed how they do their tickets after covid but I did have to buy tickets for the freshers events/club nights.
These were only around £7-9 from memory so don't pay anything more than that. I only bought them in August time so you still have time and I am not sure that the ones that are out now would be the official uni ones and I would recommend you get these as you also get free transport to the clubs.
The clubs that would have the events are Rock city, Pryzm, Ocean, and maybe Unit 13 so if they are not for these then I wouldn't get them just yet. I don't think you would be able to get tickets on the door as they have specific nights for freshers only but there will always be some people on buy and sell or unisalad selling them near the time.
But yeah for now I wouldn't rush into buying anything, especially if they are really expensive as the official ones will be around 7-9.

Hope this helps,

Thank you so much Emily! My flatmates bought ‘the big pass’ which is like £35. It’s for przym and has 3 events. One night of freshers, one Halloween and one Christmas. And I’m not bothered about the last two so thats why I’m not buying it (plus the price). If I wanted to go the the one night at przym would I expect official ones to come out from the uni?

Also, where do I buy the ‘official uni’ tickets?

Thank you SO SO SO much ,
Lily :smile:
Thank you so much Emily! My flatmates bought ‘the big pass’ which is like £35. It’s for przym and has 3 events. One night of freshers, one Halloween and one Christmas. And I’m not bothered about the last two so thats why I’m not buying it (plus the price). If I wanted to go the the one night at przym would I expect official ones to come out from the uni?

Also, where do I buy the ‘official uni’ tickets?

Thank you SO SO SO much ,
Lily :smile:

No worries at all!

Yeah I wouldn't worry about the Halloween and Christmas one. By that time you can pay on the door and there will be lots more tickets available. For pryzm the hall reps also come around and give out wristbands for free/cheaper entry to some nights out so it's worth seeing if they are doing that too.

When I got my tickets it was through an app called Fixr, I still get some tickets from there but I would keep an eye on the students union page, maybe follow them on facebook as I would expect them to post about tickets when they go on sale.

Reply 11
No worries at all!

Yeah I wouldn't worry about the Halloween and Christmas one. By that time you can pay on the door and there will be lots more tickets available. For pryzm the hall reps also come around and give out wristbands for free/cheaper entry to some nights out so it's worth seeing if they are doing that too.

When I got my tickets it was through an app called Fixr, I still get some tickets from there but I would keep an eye on the students union page, maybe follow them on facebook as I would expect them to post about tickets when they go on sale.

Amazing! Thank you so so much. I really appreciate all your responses! Huge help!

Many thanks,
Lily :smile: x
Guys I’m considering riverside point (it’s one fo the only ones left available, I left applying for accom too late)

Are there any gcs for this accom?

Can you link this WhatsApp gc please!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Doua 2636
Can you link this WhatsApp gc please!

oh i didn’t get that info from a whatsapp gc, i just read it from previous nottingham threads. so sorry!!
oh i didn’t get that info from a whatsapp gc, i just read it from previous nottingham threads. so sorry!!

Ahhh sorry I replied to the wrong message 😭😭
Original post by Doua 2636
Ahhh sorry I replied to the wrong message 😭😭

lolll no worries :smile:
Hi guys, does anything know whats the difference between premium 1 and 2. According to the web i dont see any difference but rang 2 has a higher price
Reply 18
Original post by hoanguyen0699
Hi guys, does anything know whats the difference between premium 1 and 2. According to the web i dont see any difference but rang 2 has a higher price

Honestly I really don’t know
Reply 19
Original post by hoanguyen0699

Possibly a bigger bed? Maybe 1 is a 3/4 and number 1 is a double?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending