AS and A-Level history resources thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hazular
Is it the Cold War hoohah?

hoohah?
Reply 21
Original post by infernalcradle
hoohah?

Yeah, apparently it's only me who uses that word in context.
Original post by Hazular
Is it the Cold War hoohah?

yeah, unfortunately! the unit's called "a world divided: superpower relations 1944-1990"
Reply 23
Original post by whisperings
yeah, unfortunately! the unit's called "a world divided: superpower relations 1944-1990"

I might have a copy somewhere but I can't promise anything. :tongue:
Reply 24
does anyone have the mark scheme for June 2010 French Revolution question!!?? It's the 6HI03/B paper and i really need it for revision!!!! Thanks x
Original post by Hazular
I might have a copy somewhere but I can't promise anything. :tongue:

oh if you could have a look i would love you eternally!! or maybe just give you pos rep:tongue:
Reply 26
anyone for the AQA History Conquer and Conquest HIS2A or Tsarist Russia HIS1H papers/mark schemes for January 2011?
The OCR website is down until the 26th, and I desperately need some past source papers on the events leading up to the American Civil War. Does anyone know where I can obtain these? It's paper 2, so the sources.
Reply 28
Anyone?
Reply 29
Original post by whisperings
oh if you could have a look i would love you eternally!! or maybe just give you pos rep:tongue:

Hiiiiiiiiii sorry I took so long to get back to you, my internet's been playing up like hell -.- I've had to ring my provider about a million times, pfft.
Anyway, I had loads of revision notes and stuff my teacher gave me, buuuuut the only problem is there's literally about 100 sheets and I can't get it all typed up :/ And they're probably not in a very good order after having been shoved in my cupboard for a year :tongue: I can post them if you're really desperate?
would anybody be able to send me grade A example essays (for both questions)?

any topic, as long as it's a2 edexcel unit 3 (6HI03)- i just want to see how a good essay is structured!
Reply 32
I'm trying to find some exemplar answers for the AS OCR Historical Enquiries unit (the 'source-paper'). My topic is 'The Normans in England 1066-1100' but any exemplar answers on any topic will be useful too. Is there anywhere on the internet where I can find this? :confused:

Thanks.
Reply 33
Hiya guys and gals, first post! :biggrin:
Anyway ive got a OCR AS level History exam on British politics and reform 1789-1850~ in about 12 days. My teacher hasn't given us any papers to go through and answer yet, i cant seem to get any on the OCR website either.
Anyone have any ideas as to where to get any from and any advice as to how to answer them? thanks Will
Anyone got any sample answers for Edexcel History exam questions..? Specifically the Women's History, Civil Rights or Korea/Vietnam War ones? I've never seen one so I have no idea what my exam answer is meant to look like!
How does the grade boundaries information provided on the first page work? According to that, I would only need 43 out of 72 for an A in my history unit whereas my teacher has been saying at least 60.
Reply 36
There's nothing on the OCR website about American Civil rights 1865-1992. :frown:
Anybody else doing Revolution and Conflict in England?
Any resources at all?! Please! Do any of you know what the Jan 2011 Qs for it were?
Reply 38
need to know what questions/ topics came up on the jan 2011 paper if there was one. would really appreciate your help asap the exams on friday thanks
(edited 12 years ago)
Not sure about January, but I do know War recovert, destalinisation and a synoptic essay on economic reform came up in the summer one.

I was told there is a good chance that they will use stalin during the war or something along them lines and more likely the leater leaders such as brezhnev and gorbachev

I know it propbably wasn't much help but if it is any consolation - I'm in the same boat :/

NERVOUS...

Quick Reply

Latest