The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
big5824
When i was coming to uni i hoped id meet some fun people in my flat like my friends back home, yet it seems iv been put in a flat where most the people are foreign and never leave their rooms and completely dont understand my northern accent, and out of the two english guys one of them has lots of friends already in sheffield and is rarely around, and when he is he doesnt seem that keen on talking, so out of a flat of 8 i only have one semi decent guy, but hes still pretty different in personality to me....
so anyway rant over, i was wondering if it is possible to move halls? ALL of the other halls iv been in seem to contain much cooler people and id be happy to stay in any of them, so how would i go about doing this?

ACS usually request you stay put for 4 weeks. After this time, if you go over to the Edge/Ridge they will find somewhere new for you!
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
I they do find somewhere new I will be extremely pissed! As they said they didn't have anywhere else free!
Jeester
I they do find somewhere new I will be extremely pissed! As they said they didn't have anywhere else free!

They usually have free beds the weekend after move in, as some people never attend University and occasionally people drop out. 6 rooms stay free at all times as a minimum.
Reply 4
big5824
When i was coming to uni i hoped id meet some fun people in my flat like my friends back home, yet it seems iv been put in a flat where most the people are foreign and never leave their rooms and completely dont understand my northern accent, and out of the two english guys one of them has lots of friends already in sheffield and is rarely around, and when he is he doesnt seem that keen on talking, so out of a flat of 8 i only have one semi decent guy, but hes still pretty different in personality to me....
so anyway rant over, i was wondering if it is possible to move halls? ALL of the other halls iv been in seem to contain much cooler people and id be happy to stay in any of them, so how would i go about doing this?

Hey! I live in Devonshire Courtyard, which is Unite Accommodation [in partnership with the uni] but because I'm now leaving Sheffield to take a gap year, I need to find someone else to take up the room ASAP. I had a lot of trouble in my decision to leave because my flatmates are absolutely amazing! They are genuinely the best you could find - I live with 7 other people - 3 of which are girls and 4 of which are boys - so we were split right down the middle - 4 boys and 4 girls. 6 of us were 1st years and we had 2 3rd year boys living with us too. They are the liveliest, and friendliest bunch of people I could ever have hoped to meet, which makes me reluctant to move away.
The accommodation is situated literally 2minutes away from the city centre and 5mins walk from the university campus, so nights out are really easy and cheap. There's a starbucks, tesco, sainsbury's, blackwell's bookshop and other local shops literally just round the corner so it's in the perfect location for pretty much everything.
Rent is £79 per week.

So please reply if you're interested!

Thanks - B.

Latest

Trending

Trending