The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

the university of Sheffield accommodation

i was just wondering if anyone knew what the best accomodation is in sheffield looking it up their is a lot of mixed reviews. the only requirement i have is that it has to be an ensuite. if anyone has any suggestions i would be grateful
Original post by Anonymous #1
i was just wondering if anyone knew what the best accomodation is in sheffield looking it up their is a lot of mixed reviews. the only requirement i have is that it has to be an ensuite. if anyone has any suggestions i would be grateful

Hi!
I am currently a 3rd Year Biochemistry student at the University of Sheffield. I lived in Endcliffe in my first year, and a lot of the accommodation had an ensuite. For example, I lived in Froggatt and had an ensuite.

I liked living in Endcliffe, as there were lots of other students around and you do really get that community feel. Ranmoor is much the same as Endcliffe, but a bit of a smaller site. There is also city accommodation, which is a bit closer to campus. Overall, I can only share my experience of Endcliffe, which I would personally recommend. The walk is not too far and there were also great facilities, such as the Village Shop and the Edge Bar. It might be helpful to attend an open day and tour the accommodation if you haven't done so already. This could help you get a feel for the different accommodations and whether they would be well-suited to you.

You can read more information about the accommodation here: Accommodation at the University of Sheffield | Accommodation | The University of Sheffield
You can read more about open days here: Open days | Undergraduate study | The University of Sheffield

Hope this helped,
Sofia (3rd Year Biochemistry Student)
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
I’m in the exact same position as you. I have looked on Reddit and TikTok for some more information but it’s all very mixed opinions 🤷*♂️
Original post by kieranforkan
I’m in the exact same position as you. I have looked on Reddit and TikTok for some more information but it’s all very mixed opinions 🤷*♂️

Hi kieran,

It really is down to the individual and what you are looking for. Personally, I am more of a quiet person and prefer my downtime after uni finishes so I chose to live in Allen Court as it is typically quieter and as engineering student, most of my lectures were a minute walk away.

If you are looking for more of a social aspect, then Endcliffe would definitely be the best option (however that is not to say it is noisy all the time) but with their very own student bar and lots of activities run at the Edge, most of the first year student population lives here so it is much easier to meet people.

Let me know if you have any more questions!
Jivanthika
Original post by University of Sheffield Students
Hi!
I am currently a 3rd Year Biochemistry student at the University of Sheffield. I lived in Endcliffe in my first year, and a lot of the accommodation had an ensuite. For example, I lived in Froggatt and had an ensuite.
I liked living in Endcliffe, as there were lots of other students around and you do really get that community feel. Ranmoor is much the same as Endcliffe, but a bit of a smaller site. There is also city accommodation, which is a bit closer to campus. Overall, I can only share my experience of Endcliffe, which I would personally recommend. The walk is not too far and there were also great facilities, such as the Village Shop and the Edge Bar. It might be helpful to attend an open day and tour the accommodation if you haven't done so already. This could help you get a feel for the different accommodations and whether they would be well-suited to you.
You can read more information about the accommodation here: Accommodation at the University of Sheffield | Accommodation | The University of Sheffield
You can read more about open days here: Open days | Undergraduate study | The University of Sheffield
Hope this helped,

When did you get your room, because it's already April and they don't seem to be releasing as many any more and i'm worried i won't get one in Endcliffe. Do you know when they finish releasing them by?
Original post by Anonymous
When did you get your room, because it's already April and they don't seem to be releasing as many any more and i'm worried i won't get one in Endcliffe. Do you know when they finish releasing them by?

Hi!
I wouldn't worry as the accommodation is released in waves, so more will be released before the accommodation deadline. If there is a specific flat you are looking for, you can ask through the online chat service on the accommodation platform or call the helpline: +44 114 222 4488. They can help you with an accommodation-related questions!
I hope this helped,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending