The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Official University of Sheffield Offer Holders Thread for 2024 entry

Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students who have gotten an offer from University of Sheffield for 2024 entry! You can chat with other offer holders, and see if you can find someone who could be in your class next year <3! also, let us know what A Levels/other qualifications you are taking and the course you applied for!! :smile:

Joining University Connect by TSR is another great way to meet people who have applied to the same course as you! The link is here - make your connections now!! :heart:

Click here to join other university offer holder threads!
(edited 4 days ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hi! any other psychology offer holders?
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Hi, I’m taking A level Maths, Further maths, Physics and Computer Science. My offer from Sheffield is for the Bsc Computer Science with grades AAA or AABB.
Reply 3
Hi, is there anybody else who has been given an offer in History from Sheffield?
Hi all! I've been holding an ABB offer for Linguistics and Spanish for (I think lol) almost a month now!
Reply 5
hi everyone! i'm a postgrad student who was offered a place in MSc Information Management 🙂 would love to get to know anyone else in this subject!!
Reply 6
hey! i have been offered a place for Philosophy, Politics and Economics at AAA - got it 19th october :smile:
Original post by Izzy-06
Hi, I’m taking A level Maths, Further maths, Physics and Computer Science. My offer from Sheffield is for the Bsc Computer Science with grades AAA or AABB.

Ooo well done I got a computer science and AI with placement year offer with grades AAB with A in maths and AB in computer science and physics or ABB with an A in maths and BB in computer science and physics if I firm.
Reply 8
Original post by shadowblades

Ooo well done I got a computer science and AI with placement year offer with grades AAB with A in maths and AB in computer science and physics or ABB with an A in maths and BB in computer science and physics if I firm.

That’s great!! I may see you on the course next year! Are you thinking of putting Sheffield as your firm choice
Original post by Izzy-06

That’s great!! I may see you on the course next year! Are you thinking of putting Sheffield as your firm choice

Yessss. And yep definitely, Sheffield is probably my favourite uni out of all my choices so I will firm it especially since they gave me such a low offer. You planning on firming it too?
Reply 10

Yessss. And yep definitely, Sheffield is probably my favourite uni out of all my choices so I will firm it especially since they gave me such a low offer. You planning on firming it too?

Yesss it’s highly likely Sheffield will end up as my firm! I have a good offer from them as well so the grades are achievable.
Original post by Izzy-06
Yesss it’s highly likely Sheffield will end up as my firm! I have a good offer from them as well so the grades are achievable.

oh that's great then cuz I literally know no one else in my school who's applied comp sci at Sheffield and i've been trying to convince people at my old school to apply. you can ask me for my snap in dm's if you want to talk about anything related to Sheffield cuz yeah I know no one else going but its fine if not because i've heard a bit later on there are group chats people create with other people in the course so hopefully we can get to know other people who got offers that way.
Reply 12

oh that's great then cuz I literally know no one else in my school who's applied comp sci at Sheffield and i've been trying to convince people at my old school to apply. you can ask me for my snap in dm's if you want to talk about anything related to Sheffield cuz yeah I know no one else going but its fine if not because i've heard a bit later on there are group chats people create with other people in the course so hopefully we can get to know other people who got offers that way.

Hi, that would be great! Although I don’t really use social media currently but I’d definitely be interested in talking about it so we could always use the messaging feature on here.
Original post by Izzy-06
Hi, that would be great! Although I don’t really use social media currently but I’d definitely be interested in talking about it so we could always use the messaging feature on here.

oh that's alright and yeah sure, i'm just new to using this website so I don't really know how a lot of this stuff works
Reply 14
Hi, I am a con offer holder of a Data Science BSc in Sheffield. I got A*AA (Maths, economics, psychology) and A* EPQ predicted. I got an offer from AAB but I don't know why they don't include my EPQ as an alternative offer.
Reply 15
Has anyone also applied to Data Science? ^U^
Original post by KAMON YO
Hi, I am a con offer holder of a Data Science BSc in Sheffield. I got A*AA (Maths, economics, psychology) and A* EPQ predicted. I got an offer from AAB but I don't know why they don't include my EPQ as an alternative offer.

The lower offer is if you have a relevant EPQ at a grade A so maybe your EPQ is not relevant. What's the topic of your EPQ and also for me they asked me to email my EPQ certificate to give the reduced offer so maybe you have to do that im not sure but most likely it's because it's not relevant to data science
Reply 17
The lower offer is if you have a relevant EPQ at a grade A so maybe your EPQ is not relevant. What's the topic of your EPQ and also for me they asked me to email my EPQ certificate to give the reduced offer so maybe you have to do that im not sure but most likely it's because it's not relevant to data science

I see. I think you may be right. I have already sent the EPQ prediction proof and also sent an email asking them about it. Thanks 😊
Original post by KAMON YO

I see. I think you may be right. I have already sent the EPQ prediction proof and also sent an email asking them about it. Thanks 😊

Yeah that should be fine then hopefully you get that reduced offer
Reply 19
Yeah that should be fine then hopefully you get that reduced offer

I did get the reduced offer from the university! They gave me ABB + EPQ A reduced offer and I'm so happy!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending