The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York First Year Accomodation

When applying to accomodation at York, are you more likely to get your first choice if you put it as your secure early on or is this not a factor?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
When applying to accomodation at York, are you more likely to get your first choice if you put it as your secure early on or is this not a factor?

Yes definitely, I applied for accommodation in May and ended up with my 7th choice
University of York
York

Hi!

Our booking system is first come first served. So, I'd recommend that you apply for accommodation as soon as you can! If you change your mind later on, you can amend your choices and your original application date is still honoured so it really is best to apply asap! 🙂
Reply 3
Original post by University of York
Hi!

Our booking system is first come first served. So, I'd recommend that you apply for accommodation as soon as you can! If you change your mind later on, you can amend your choices and your original application date is still honoured so it really is best to apply asap! 🙂

Hi!
Is there a date for the 2024 accommodation application to be released?
Hi!
Is there a date for the 2024 accommodation application to be released?

Hi,

The date hasn't been announced yet, but you should get an email to let you know that applications are open, and you can also check the top of this web page which will advertise the date when it's confirmed. I'll also try to post a message on here when I know more!

Hazel 🙂
It is supposed to be, but in my experience it didn't work out that way! I applied on the day applications opened, put James as my 1st choice but ended up getting Halifax, which was my 7th choice wheras my friend who applied after clearing got James accomodation! I think because Halifax is not very popular, if you put it anywhere on your list you will get it.
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending