The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Official Birmingham Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KopCat

Original post by KopCat
Guys, new to this, anyone know the best accomodation to apply to, like I want en-suite pretty big room but mainly pretty good social life with cool people, any recommendations?

Anywhere on the vale really, be quick to apply!
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Jake. Doing Chemistry.
Reply 1282
Anybody here going to do Phys & Tech of Nuclear Reactors. Please let there be someone :rolleyes:
Original post by KopCat
Guys, new to this, anyone know the best accomodation to apply to, like I want en-suite pretty big room but mainly pretty good social life with cool people, any recommendations?

I put Mason and shackleton as my first and second. They're both ensuite, a good size and lively/social halls. Other ensuite accomodation on the vale is Elgar court, and nearer to campus there's jarret hall and victoria halls (private accomodation). But go for the vale its the heart of all of the accomodation and more fun! :biggrin:
Reply 1284
Woah! This has been dead for a long time :P How did everyones exams go? Excited about Birmingham? What you doing over the long summer :smile: Hopefully see you all soon :biggrin:
Reply 1285
got my results (international baccalaureate) yesterday, leeds was my firm and i missed out by one lousy point. but im in to birmingham and cant wait! just slightly concerned about what accommodation il get being an insurance candidate... anyone else doing international business?
Reply 1286
UNIVERSITY OF LEEDS OR UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM???

Which city do you think is better?
Which uni overall?
Any opinions on anything at all!?

I need to choose between Leeds or Birmingham, I have offers for MSc Civil Engineering at both.

I haven't been to both since im an international student, and I need your help:smile:
Reply 1287
Original post by dni2011

Which uni overall?

I need to choose between Leeds or Birmingham, I have offers for MSc Civil Engineering at both.

I haven't been to both since im an international student, and I need your help:smile:

I have offers from both and have been to both. They have their pros and cons. Leeds is right in the heart of the city, and has everything that comes with that. The lecturers also seemed to be more enthusiastic at Leeds, but i went to the business school so i doubt that's of much help to you. Birmingham is a much nicer campus with plenty of greenery, but for shops etc you'd need to take the (very short) bus/train/ride into town. Both have great nightlife and student unions. Ive only looked at the accommodation at Leeds and it looked okay, just average student rooms. If league tables are your thing, they're pretty close, but to the best of my knowledge Birmingham is slightly higher.

Hope that was of use :smile:
Original post by dni2011

Which uni overall?

The results you get here will be a bit biased, don't you think?

Anyway, If you want to get a feel for the uni try looking at videos on youtube about the campus.
(edited 12 years ago)
Is anybody going to the A2B Visit Day tomorrow? :smile:
who is doing economics this year.? I got in hehehe just got my results on Tuesday
Reply 1291
Got an unconditional and just firmed it, is there a facebook group for freshers?
hello, I have single ensuite booked on 2nd floor of iQ Birmingham on Bath Row, city centre, if anyone's interested in taking it, please PM me.!
Reply 1293
Original post by KopCat
Got an unconditional and just firmed it, is there a facebook group for freshers?

Search for the fb group - 'University of Birmingham 2011 Freshers'
Reply 1294
Original post by Hannah .x.
Has anyone else applied for African studies and anthropology ? I applied about 2 weeks ago and havent heard anything other than a confirmation email back.

I have applied but haven't heard anything yet. They are my top choice so here's hoping!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending