The Student Room Group
Reply 1
No university will make an unconditional offer unless you have already achieved the grades required.
Reply 2
If you haven't got the grades, probably not.

Unconditionals are usually reserved for people who already have their grades.
Ice_Queen
If you haven't got the grades, probably not.

Unconditionals are usually reserved for people who already have their grades.

What if I technically have enough points for a course?
Reply 4
Muffinz
No university will make an unconditional offer unless you have already achieved the grades required.

Yes they do. St Andrews do, my friend got one.
Reply 5
Oh my Ms. Coffey
What if I technically have enough points for a course?

If the course offers a points based offer, and if you already have the points credited then your offer would be unconditional. However it is most likely your points have not yet been cashed in, and thus your offer would still be conditional even though there is no possible way of you failing it.
Very few unis make an unconditional offers when the applicant doesn't hold the entry requirements all ready, and those that do aren't more likely to be ex-polys.

Nor will it be exclusively ex-polys making unconditionals if you do have the grades.
Smiles_m
Yes they do. St Andrews do, my friend got one.

Entry to the first year of Scottish degrees is not quite the same thing, though, as such courses expect to take candidates with the equivalent of AS qualifications who are a year younger than those with A levels.
Reply 8
Will depend on a lot of factors, I interviewed very well at one uni and they dropped the points by 1/3rd to encourage me to go there. In a way it worked because I put them as my second choice in case I really didn't get the grade for my first :smile:
Reply 9
Good bloke
Entry to the first year of Scottish degrees is not quite the same thing, though, as such courses expect to take candidates with the equivalent of AS qualifications who are a year younger than those with A levels.

Yes but my quote was because someone said that NO universities gave unconditional offers to people who had not already achieved their qualifications. I was just saying that my friend got one, so they do happen. They loved him for some reason lol.
Smiles_m
Yes but my quote was because someone said that NO universities gave unconditional offers to people who had not already achieved their qualifications. I was just saying that my friend got one, so they do happen. They loved him for some reason lol.

No, he had already achieved what they required - AS qualifications.
No they won't. You need to have already gained the grades.
The only exception to this would be if you are applying for a practical subject like art or music, and it was based on a practical performance interview rather than grades.

Latest

Trending

Trending