Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

LUserNET

Scroll to see replies

Lenneh
If you go to the computer lab opposite the management building FTP works on those computers. I spoke to ISS about it but the guy decided to be annoying and tried to make it seem I didn't know what I was talking about. But anyway, FTP won't work from your room unless you can figure out how to use passive ftp in a certain way. But he wouldn't tell me >_<. One way to get around it is to telnet your files to your unix space on cent1 then use ftp on cent1 to transfer them to your webserver. But that's extremely tedious! I'll stop rambling now.

Luckily I have logged into the 'control panel' on my web hosting and found a file manager which will enable me to upload/download files.

Damn ISS! I need to get a VPN to work as well but they've blocked the port for that as well...
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
What did you do to get WoW to work?

I doubt it runs very well - I only connected to the server, then downloaded the patch. Other programs are possible.

Can't go into the details because, well ... look at this thread:

http://thestudentroom.co.uk/t162706.html

To be honest it's probably not worth the risk :frown: . I know I won't be risking it! Damn ISS!

Scarfman007
Reply 22
Aww, can't you just like give us a clue or something? :biggrin:
Reply 23
Is there a way of being able to view all the films available to download whilst you're connected to LUsernet? Cuz I'm sure my flatmate said that he just clicked on "list all films" or something and picked from that list what he wanted but I can't seem to find anything like that.

Anyone know what I'm on about?
EbonyKiss
Is there a way of being able to view all the films available to download whilst you're connected to LUsernet? Cuz I'm sure my flatmate said that he just clicked on "list all films" or something and picked from that list what he wanted but I can't seem to find anything like that.

Anyone know what I'm on about?

On the drop down menu you can select something like:

*.avi
*.mpg

etc which basically searches for any file with that ending. However i'm not sure if it shows ALL files available but it certainly shows a good few!

By the way, if anyone needs to use FTP or VPN then you can use the wireless 'hotspots'. I found out that ResNet (the connection we have in our residences) is, for security reasons, seperate from the main Lancs network and therefore allows us to only view web pages, email and MSN etc. Features like FTP are only available on the main Lancs network.

Dan :smile:
Reply 25
Ah nuts, I don't have wireless :frown:

I've got Lusernet working now though :biggrin:

Just out of interest, do any games work on the wireless network? :tongue:
Games working would be ace...

Anyone know?

Scarfman007
Reply 27
Scarfman007
Games working would be ace...

Anyone know?

Scarfman007

you can play over the LAN. but like Lusernet it's only possible with people from your own college. if your ever on age of empires 3, wolfenstine, counter-strike, Cossacks you might see us.
Reply 28
Cs works over the LAN?
Reply 29
cant get steam to work, 1.5 might work tho
omg i like proper love lusernet, that and mytunes keep me sane.
seriously what woudl i do without lusernet? no scrube no films no simpsons, till my tv works anyway. well done lusernet maker
Reply 31
And not forgetting family guy! :biggrin:
Reply 32
Reply 33
Lenneh

I’ve d/l so much of that! great show. so who puts the new files on anyway? cause they must be transferred from off campus.

Lenneh
Cs works over the LAN?

yep but just LAN, not internet. be warned however there has been quite a few problems with various games unless each person has their own copy. we have mainly been 'sharing' games and you need to make sure everyone has the same crack. I’ll say no more :wink: .
There is Wireless in the Library, part of Alex square and I think the Venue...to access it turn on your wireless button/plug in usb/card then click internet explorer....then follow the instructions you must type in your lancs username and password...a little pop up will appear do not close the popup.
Reply 35
yer people like me download it from somewhere or bring it from home and stick it on.
Just in case anyone's interested...

I spoke to ISS today and you can't use FTP anywhere on campus - which is a bit tight but for security reasons apparantly...
Reply 37
danjc
Just in case anyone's interested...

I spoke to ISS today and you can't use FTP anywhere on campus - which is a bit tight but for security reasons apparantly...

don't always believe ISS :wink:
http://www.lancs.ac.uk/iss/ftp/

browzer-911
yer people like me download it from somewhere or bring it from home and stick it on.

and nice one for that.
Reply 38
I've found one computer on campus that allows ftp :p: It's in the lab opposite the management school, when you walk in it's the one behind the door. FTP works on none of the others, just that one for some strange reason!

Latest

Trending

Trending