The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Any Lancaster Uni Natural Science students able to answer my query?

Hi. Yesterday, I attended the Offer Holder Day for Nat Science at Lancaster. I'm considering the Biology/Earth Science pathway. Unfortunately, the proper tour/demo for Biology was cancelled ( I don't know why), but a Lecturer was available to show us around at the end. While talking to him, he made it very clear that Year 3 Nat Sci undergraduates studying BSc would NOT be able to do a dissertation. Having looked again at the course literature since getting home, it definitely says that a dissertation is an option in the third year. The Lecturer seemed to imply that there just weren't enough supervisors to enable it to happen for Nat Sci students who could do a literature review instead. Please could you give me an honest answer regarding this as a dissertation is really important to me.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi. Yesterday, I attended the Offer Holder Day for Nat Science at Lancaster. I'm considering the Biology/Earth Science pathway. Unfortunately, the proper tour/demo for Biology was cancelled ( I don't know why), but a Lecturer was available to show us around at the end. While talking to him, he made it very clear that Year 3 Nat Sci undergraduates studying BSc would NOT be able to do a dissertation. Having looked again at the course literature since getting home, it definitely says that a dissertation is an option in the third year. The Lecturer seemed to imply that there just weren't enough supervisors to enable it to happen for Nat Sci students who could do a literature review instead. Please could you give me an honest answer regarding this as a dissertation is really important to me.
Hi Anon,
Unfortunately i don't study natural sciences so cant answer your question. However, if you email [email protected], they will be able to pass your question onto the natural sciences department so you get an accurate answer, as i can understand how important it is to know what your course includes.
Hope this helps!
-Jasmine (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Hey, I take Natsci at Lancaster, in your 2nd year you can only take two pathways and the subject you want to do a diss in must take up 120 credits over your second and third year if that makes sense.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending