The Student Room Group

Middle Easterners...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AmiraSerafina
Wallah, this thread is EPIC. It needs to be revived!
I'm Algerian with a bit of French heritage, but I was born and bred in an Arab community with friends from almost every Arab country (minus Lebanon. But that's okay, I befriended a Lebanese recently). :cool:
There's alot of 'beef' with the North Africans and the Middle Easterners; silly, right? I'm just proud to be Arab. :^_^:

Really? A neg? Shame on you for not being upfront, if you've got a problem, out with it! Call yourself Arab.. kmt.

West London right? lol
Original post by RealRecReal
West London right? lol

Haha, I wish! But nope. :^_^:
Reply 1262
as far as i know i'm middle easterner.. saudi if you've heard about :tongue:
Reply 1263
iam half egyptian and half saudi planning to study in london next year
Half Syrian. Do I count?

Posted from TSR Mobile
im egyptian !! :biggrin:
Original post by LuLuegy
Egyptian =)

im egyptian too !! :biggrin:
Original post by shush
you must be absolutely positively excessively gorgeous then :smile:
i have got to agree with you on that one :rolleyes:
Reply 1268
Ahlan Fellow Arabs brothers and sisters ! :biggrin:
Original post by Jiji1995
Ahlan Fellow Arabs brothers and sisters ! :biggrin:

ahlaan :biggrin: :rolleyes:
Reply 1270
Not arab butt got close connection with them
been living in arabs surrounding for quite a while now..
Reply 1271
I think I've posted in here before but I'll introduce myself to bring life back to the thread!
I'm full Lebanese but have been born and brought up here in England :biggrin:
I do know Arabic though xD!
I'm currently going into my second year at the University of Leicester and was disappointed to find there was no Middle Eastern/Arab society there :frown:
Original post by Kya
I think I've posted in here before but I'll introduce myself to bring life back to the thread!
I'm currently going into my second year at the University of Leicester and was disappointed to find there was no Middle Eastern/Arab society there :frown:

There's no Arab society in Leicester?! Why? It's such an ethnically diverse city. That's off putting.. What are you studying?
Reply 1273
There's no Arab society in Leicester?! Why? It's such an ethnically diverse city. That's off putting.. What are you studying?

Unfortunately not. I was surprised as well.
I'm studying Computing :]
Reply 1274
Original post by Kya

Yes yes, for the Lebanese people :biggrin:
I was born in Lebanon, lived for 8 years, now living here in London, about to go into A2.
Hi everyoone!!
I'm iraqi but also been born and bred in the UK. I'm currently at Southampton University just finished my second year!
To be honest Southampton university also doesn't have a prominent middle eastern society at the moment, i used to be on the commitee and we had a momumental task of trying toorganize events to cater for everyone. Also middle easterners can be not very sociable at times as they say they'll come and they don't is what i've learnt!!
We need more unty guys, I like this thread :-)

Original post by chigyy
I was born in Lebanon, lived for 8 years, now living here in London, about to go into A2.
Original post by Kya
Unfortunately not. I was surprised as well.
I'm studying Computing :]

Are there alot of Arabs at the uni though? This is why I prefer London. Ahh cool. :smile:
Reply 1277
Original post by chigyy

Hehe ahleeeeeeeeeeeeen
Where abouts in Lebanon are you from? :smile:

Are there alot of Arabs at the uni though? This is why I prefer London. Ahh cool. :smile:

I would say the majority are postgrads so aren't a huge number. However there are many other societies like the french society and turkish society that exist and tbh they don't have any more people than the number of Arabs at the uni for example.
Reply 1278
Original post by Kya
Hehe ahleeeeeeeeeeeeen
Where abouts in Lebanon are you from? :smile:

I would say the majority are postgrads so aren't a huge number. However there are many other societies like the french society and turkish society that exist and tbh they don't have any more people than the number of Arabs at the uni for example.

Jal el dib, near Beirut, wbu?
Reply 1279
Hi everyone I'm also Arab but not middle eastern! I'm Algerian, born in the UK so still counts as Arab :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest