The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Is the University of Reading diverse?

Hi , I’m entering the UoR for my Law course. I was looking at the media and the content people post about the UnR and noticed something. If there are any people going into 2nd and 3rd year, I was wondering, is UoR diverse in ethnicities, cultures and faith? I was hoping to make also friends who were POC like me
Original post by Anonymous
Hi , I’m entering the UoR for my Law course. I was looking at the media and the content people post about the UnR and noticed something. If there are any people going into 2nd and 3rd year, I was wondering, is UoR diverse in ethnicities, cultures and faith? I was hoping to make also friends who were POC like me

Don’t worry about that too much, the uni has plenty of active societies for kids of different ethnicities, and there is a pretty decent mix of people here as I observed in my 1st year (going into 2nd year this Sep). The most common ethnicities I’ve seen so far around the uni and halls are Indians, Malaysians, Europeans & Middle Easterns…
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous

Hi Anonymous!

Exactly like Anonymous said - the university is fairly diverse. It might not be as much as some big city universities (to be expected), but I think most people are surprised at the range of cultures Reading has!

Anonymous is also correct that we have a wide range of culture and faith societies. If you want to have a look at our societies there's a full list here. :smile:

I hope this helps reassure you, please let us know if you have any other questions!

Eliza :smile:
2nd Year Education Studies Student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending