The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Languages at Edinburgh 2023

Anyone doing languages this year?! I haven’t been able to find many people. I am studying Arabic, Islamic and Middle Eastern Studies.
Reply 1
Hey :smile: I am doing spanish & Linguistics ! I havent been able to find many people either, feel free to message :smile:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by wasd5002
Hey :smile: I am doing spanish & Linguistics ! I havent been able to find many people either, feel free to message :smile:

Hi!! I'm interested in applying to the evolution of language program, is this what your linguistics program would wall under? Would you mind sharing a little about your background? I've been out of school for a while and am just trying to research how to make myself a more competitive candidate. :smile: thanks!
Reply 3
Original post by ecsterling
Hi!! I'm interested in applying to the evolution of language program, is this what your linguistics program would wall under? Would you mind sharing a little about your background? I've been out of school for a while and am just trying to research how to make myself a more competitive candidate. :smile: thanks!

Hey :smile: It is definately a part of linguistics but i think that course is postgrad whereas my one is an undergrad so i assume the stuff you do is very different/more advanced. I think Edinburgh's entry requirements are quite high so i would make sure you have good grades but also just showing a keen interest and prior knowledge in the field. I would say thats what helped me get in :smile:
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending