The Student Room Group

OCR G544 Exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I mean it was detailed and replicable i thought. But it just didnt take very long to write, so im thinking i forgot some crucial stuff.
Original post by Ro27
I agree, timing was soo difficult.
I had 10mins to answer the two 8 markers at the end
So I put bullet points :confused:

I found myself in that situation. I messed up on the research question and realised that I had to change it 'cos it wouldn't be appropriate for a self-report. That took time away, so I ended up spending 50 minutes on Section A and spent the remaining 40 minutes frantically writing away on Section B. :redface: I've never known an exam to be so intense. :tongue:

Also wasn't sure how much to write on the procedure; seeing as it was a questionnaire, were we meant to go into details about the exact questions that would be in it?
Reply 42
Original post by Introverted moron
I found myself in that situation. I messed up on the research question and realised that I had to change it 'cos it wouldn't be appropriate for a self-report. That took time away, so I ended up spending 50 minutes on Section A and spent the remaining 40 minutes frantically writing away on Section B. :redface: I've never known an exam to be so intense. :tongue:

Also wasn't sure how much to write on the procedure; seeing as it was a questionnaire, were we meant to go into details about the exact questions that would be in it?

Hhmm not sure..
What I did was

- Detail of my sampling method
- Allocation to groups/Design
- What the questionnaire involved and examples of the questions
- How data from the questions would be collected analysed
- Ethical Issues

But I feel most of that was largely irrelevant maybe :confused:
Original post by Ro27
Hhmm not sure..
What I did was

- Detail of my sampling method
- Allocation to groups/Design
- What the questionnaire involved and examples of the questions
- How data from the questions would be collected analysed
- Ethical Issues

But I feel most of that was largely irrelevant maybe :confused:

Seems relevant to me.

I missed out how the data would be analysed, partly because I didn't have the space (or time), but mainly because I didn't actually know. :tongue:

Allocation to groups/design? .........I didn't know that was necessary for a questionnaire. :colondollar:
Reply 44
Seems relevant to me.

I missed out how the data would be analysed, partly because I didn't have the space (or time), but mainly because I didn't actually know. :tongue:

Allocation to groups/design? .........I didn't know that was necessary for a questionnaire. :colondollar:

I always mention it anyway, you never knoww!
Basically you know if it's like a gender thing it HAS to be independent measures?
That's what I said for my questionnaire because the 2 groups were specific age groups haha
I was desperate okay don't judge :colondollar::cool:
Original post by Ro27
I always mention it anyway, you never knoww!
Basically you know if it's like a gender thing it HAS to be independent measures?
That's what I said for my questionnaire because the 2 groups were specific age groups haha
I was desperate okay don't judge :colondollar::cool:

Ah, I see; seems sensible. :smile: I wasn't trying to judge, so I apologise if it came across that way.

I momentarily forgot that there were a range of options, and thinking back, I don't think the one I chose required allocating to groups, but in your case, it's well justified. :redface:
Reply 46
Ah, I see; seems sensible. :smile: I wasn't trying to judge, so I apologise if it came across that way.

I momentarily forgot that there were a range of options, and thinking back, I don't think the one I chose required allocating to groups, but in your case, it's well justified. :redface:

Naaahhhhh I wasn't saying you're judging sweet pea!

Anyhoo I think a post-mortem doesn't help post-exam, so time to focus on G543 now, eurgh.
Reply 47
Arrgh! I think I mucked up Section A. I was so focused on designing an experiment or correlation before the exam that the questionaire completely threw me. I couldn't think how to word a research question, and I basically talked about including all the different types of questions, about the sample and threw in a correlational anaylsis for good measure at the end.

I think I scared the hell out of some guy sat next to me, as I was writing reams but it was reams of crap so I apologise if you were that guy sat next to a demented woman.

Section B - developmental and psychodynamic was better but still not sure I included the right stuff to gain enough marks to make up for the pile of crap that was written for section A
Reply 48
Ran out of time. Resit plx.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending