The Student Room Group

aqa a level biology and ocr

my school does ocr a level biology however i already made full notes for aqa a level biology and i don’t know if i’m allowed to change exam board because i thought that we did aqa for the past year (idk why i probably copied it down wrong) so idk what to do idk if the content for ocr is the same as aqa or what the differences actually are PLEASE HELP!!
Content is the same from what I can tell - AQA has a long essay question that OCR doesn't have (basically OCR is AQA without a 16 marker, it may be 25?)
okay thank you! so like if i learn my notes for aqa i’ll be fine for ocr?
Reply 3
Original post by annabel whittle
my school does ocr a level biology however i already made full notes for aqa a level biology and i don’t know if i’m allowed to change exam board because i thought that we did aqa for the past year (idk why i probably copied it down wrong) so idk what to do idk if the content for ocr is the same as aqa or what the differences actually are PLEASE HELP!!

hi, i did OCR and my friends did AQA at another school. Bluntly, if you want an A*-B grade, you need to know the OCR content. Yes, there are a lot of overlaps between the two boards, particularly in Year 1, but you will be putting yourself at a major disadvantage if you do not learn the ocr content. Plus, the structure of the two exams are completely different. You need to make sure you know the terminology for OCR, the question types, as well as the content. This may not be what you want to hear, but a-level biology is hard enough even when you are learning the correct specification. There are plenty of OCR resources out there, but you really need to be writing notes and revising exactly off the OCR spec, as small words and phrases (that are nowehere on the AQA spec) could make up the whole final papers. Work hard and get your OCR notes started. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest