The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by no chance
Pro tip: get arsed. Aside from revision for the test I'll be sitting there (inevitably its going to be on a piece of poetry, so terminology to the teeth and figuring out how to talk about nonsense), I'm going over my PS, elaborating on every point made in case they ask about it, as they inevitably will do. Preparation, etc.

I had to counter that thumbs down, a harmless gag about a harmless gaff. Good stuff. Anyone else being interviewed for English?

I am an English app :smile:.
So scared about the test!
Reply 181
Original post by maddielou_
None of the girls I saw last year wore suits so I wouldn't buy one specifically unless you really want to. I wore a black dress with a black cardigan and some nice shoes. I'm sure you already have something that would be suitable. :smile:

Thanks! I don't have any black clothes, I am going to have to buy something! Do you know how cold it will be in Cambridge during December? Could it be snowing?
Original post by shannon14
Thanks! I don't have any black clothes, I am going to have to buy something! Do you know how cold it will be in Cambridge during December? Could it be snowing?

I can assume it will definitely be cold in Cambridge but I doubt it'll snow when you get there, last year it snowed massively in Cambridge but that was later on in December/January
Reply 183
Original post by Lulope
Since the other thread was closed and HD isn't on I have the honour of starting the new thread!

Original Thread
Hunter's Wonderful List of Applicants

Use this thread to discuss anything to do with applying to Cambridge or just life in general XD

Enjoy the new thread!

People's Interviews By College

People's Interviews By Date

If you would like on the list quote me (:

Pembroke, NatSci, 7th December.
Reply 184
Original post by hunter'sdaughter
I can assume it will definitely be cold in Cambridge but I doubt it'll snow when you get there, last year it snowed massively in Cambridge but that was later on in December/January

Thanks! Have you heard from Clare yet or are they waiting for the BMAT results? I thought that they had the results and was so relieved... But I was wrong! I am praying that I did well... I hope that that little test doesn't ruin my chances of getting in! How did you find it?
Original post by cpdavis
Well after, I went to my friends house and we just talked really (till about 1 in the morning) good saturday evening :biggrin:

Aww that's nice :smile:

Original post by Lulope

I started a Geography project that's due in tomorrow and should be twelve pages long! Why did I leave it so late?!

Sounds fun :tongue: I went for a meal with the other half - had duck egg for my starter, which i've never had before, and i'm not really sure it agrees with me totally, but it was nice at the time :biggrin:
Reply 186
Hi guys
has anyone here applied for computer science ? :tongue:
Reply 187
Original post by Malfered

Original post by Malfered
Hi guys
has anyone here applied for computer science ? :tongue:

No one here has applied for any undergraduate course for at least a year.
Reply 188
Original post by broadwayrachael

Sounds fun :tongue: I went for a meal with the other half - had duck egg for my starter, which i've never had before, and i'm not really sure it agrees with me totally, but it was nice at the time :biggrin:

Not fun ): I'm still not even half way done XD I have a horrible work ethic.

Duck egg? Does it taste different from chicken egg? Dunno why it wouldn't but it never occurred to me :biggrin:
Reply 189
I wanted them to do more at Grimmauld Palace with Kreacher and more at Malfoy manor!

Yeah the bits where they were planning and where Kreacher started being nice were awesome. And the Lupin hissy fit. I wouldn't have minded as much if they did the other parts well but they didn't :frown: I think Half Blood Prince is my favourite despite them virtually ignoring massive parts of the book because it made more sense and the bits they added were so cool ie. the bridge collapsing.
Reply 190
Original post by Scrubby
Yeah the bits where they were planning and where Kreacher started being nice were awesome. And the Lupin hissy fit. I wouldn't have minded as much if they did the other parts well but they didn't :frown: I think Half Blood Prince is my favourite despite them virtually ignoring massive parts of the book because it made more sense and the bits they added were so cool ie. the bridge collapsing.

The Half-Blood Prince is the best film (so far, am going to see Deathly Hallows tonight), but I wasn't a massive fan of the scene they added at Christmas, where Bellatrix randomly burned down the Burrow, and there were also some very cringey Harry-Ginny moments (remember the shoelaces :s-smilie: ?).
Decided to wear smart black trousers, a shirt, tie and jumper :biggrin:
Original post by shannon14

My other outfit was a grey high waisted skirt with a blouse and a blazer :smile:.
Err I'd say fairly chilly, when I arrived last year it was absolutely chucking it down. I was soaked! But it wasn't snowing. I'd suggest checking the weather a couple of days before. I'm definitely taking an umbrella again!
Original post by Schnecke
The Half-Blood Prince is the best film (so far, am going to see Deathly Hallows tonight), but I wasn't a massive fan of the scene they added at Christmas, where Bellatrix randomly burned down the Burrow, and there were also some very cringey Harry-Ginny moments (remember the shoelaces :s-smilie: ?).

I thought it was better then the half blooded prince personally, I liked the christmas scene though :yep:
Reply 194
Original post by cpdavis
Decided to wear smart black trousers, a shirt, tie and jumper :biggrin:

Sounds good, although maybe a tie is too smart? Not that my advice is at all reliable, I'm relying on my little sister to plan my outfit for me, if I get an interview. My sense of style is 0.
Original post by Scrubby

Yeah I loved the planning and Lupin/kreacher stuff. I'm not as keen on Half Blood Prince because it's barely about the Half Blood Prince and his book! But it was definitely better structured. But I'm such a loyal bookfan that I'll always find something to moan about when it comes to the films. :smile:
Sounds good, although maybe a tie is too smart? Not that my advice is at all reliable, I'm relying on my little sister to plan my outfit for me, if I get an interview. My sense of style is 0.

I don't think a tie is too smart. Most of the lads generally wear suits with a tie. :smile:
Reply 197
Yeah I loved the planning and Lupin/kreacher stuff. I'm not as keen on Half Blood Prince because it's barely about the Half Blood Prince and his book! But it was definitely better structured. But I'm such a loyal bookfan that I'll always find something to moan about when it comes to the films. :smile:

Ahh same here :biggrin:, I've read the books so many times it's unreal. I was reading them in French over the summer, and could understand it all, despite being rubbish at French, just because I know the books practically off by heart :colondollar:

And you're probably right on the tie. It's not crucial though, my brother went in black trousers and a sweater and got an offer.
Ahh same here :biggrin:, I've read the books so many times it's unreal. I was reading them in French over the summer, and could understand it all, despite being rubbish at French, just because I know the books practically off by heart :colondollar:

And you're probably right on the tie. It's not crucial though, my brother went in black trousers and a sweater and got an offer.

I know what you mean about the books. I literally can quote most of them! It still hasn't sunk in that there are no more.

Oh of course! I didn't mean that everyone should wear a tie, merely that it's probably not too smart. To be honest I think somebody could turn up in pjs and if they liked them they'd give them an offer. I really don't think what you wear is too important, but it's nice to think you can help yourself with presentation :smile:
Reply 199
I know what you mean about the books. I literally can quote most of them! It still hasn't sunk in that there are no more.

Oh of course! I didn't mean that everyone should wear a tie, merely that it's probably not too smart. To be honest I think somebody could turn up in pjs and if they liked them they'd give them an offer. I really don't think what you wear is too important, but it's nice to think you can help yourself with presentation :smile:

Yeah, that came out more serious and defensive than I meant :tongue:. Yep luckily I have a very-good-with-clothes younger sibling to help me out on that front :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending