The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by luckylucifer
Oh and interview for Economics at King's on 7/12 :biggrin:

Oh you are lucky :smile: - I'm going for King's econ as well, but I've got nothing yet. Did your invite come in the post today, or by email?
Original post by Lulope

Original post by Lulope
Since the other thread was closed and HD isn't on I have the honour of starting the new thread!

Original Thread
Hunter's Wonderful List of Applicants

Use this thread to discuss anything to do with applying to Cambridge or just life in general XD

Enjoy the new thread!

People's Interviews By College

People's Interviews By Date

If you would like on the list quote me (:

Interview at King's for Geography 9th December
Original post by lenalouiseh
I got an email today, apparently everyone should have theirs by the end of the week - you might get a letter instead though :smile: I was thinking of applying to do French. Spanish and Portugese sounds like a really good course :smile: haha, yeah I was paranoid my email would send it straight to trash! I hope you get an interview! xx

Congrats!! Which college ? Or is it for all colleges that everyone should have their emails by the end of the week??
Reply 383
Original post by Lulope
Since the other thread was closed and HD isn't on I have the honour of starting the new thread!

Original Thread

Use this thread to discuss anything to do with applying to Cambridge or just life in general XD

Enjoy the new thread!

Hope this is the right way to get on the list:
tinyelk - 13/12 - Anglo-Saxon, Norse, and Celtic - Trinity Hall
Reply 384
I've got an interview at King's for English but I'm an overseas student and need a visa which usually takes three weeks to get. My interview is in two weeks (December 6) and they still haven't sent out the visa invitations...anyone else in the same boat??? :s-smilie:
Original post by daisy_b
My interview's been changed to the 14th, so might actually see you there! Cannot believe it's only three weeks away though :/

Gooner231
x

They've changed my interview date :frown: it's on the 15th now, so might not see you there after all :cry2:
Boo hiss..
Original post by Lulope

Original Thread

Enjoy the new thread!

Can you change my date on the list please? I'm on the 15th now, rather than the 14th! Just sent me an email changing it..
Reply 387
Original post by broadwayrachael
They've changed my interview date :frown: it's on the 15th now, so might not see you there after all :cry2:
Boo hiss..

They emailed and just randomly changed your interview date? That must be annoying for you! However, it does mean if you are still around on the evening of the 15th you might see me there :smile:
Original post by Rubgish
They emailed and just randomly changed your interview date? That must be annoying for you! However, it does mean if you are still around on the evening of the 15th you might see me there :smile:

My train is 18.45 to go home, so if you're there before that, you'll have to let me know! Yeah, basically! Lesley Shaw emailed and said she was really sorry, but the interview date on the original email was wrong..
Original post by Athena Gray
Ah, bad news. I received an email today from Newnham rejecting me pre-interview. :frown: Which totally sucks, since I've had my heart on Cambridge for a long while now. I'm still trying to sort out how I feel about it (I haven't cried yet?, so I'm not that far down in the dumps), but I wish the very best to all of you. I think I'll stick around, too. I like you guys.

:frown: I'm sorry Athena! You'll do great wherever you are though, chin up :biggrin:
Ah, bad news. I received an email today from Newnham rejecting me pre-interview. :frown: Which totally sucks, since I've had my heart on Cambridge for a long while now. I'm still trying to sort out how I feel about it (I haven't cried yet?, so I'm not that far down in the dumps), but I wish the very best to all of you. I think I'll stick around, too. I like you guys.

I'm really sorry :frown:
And in response to a later post, I also did pants on the Maths section of the SAT haha. Maths is badd! :tongue: x
Reply 391
Original post by luckylucifer
I got an interview for Economics at King's today (woop). They sent me an email yesterday explaining that on the letter it says Engineering (which it does) but they meant Economics.

However, the interviewers I've got are Mr James Trevithick, who is the Economics DoS at King's, and Dr Oliver Williams, who seems to be an Engineering research fellow after a bit a googling. Could it be that they've written down the wrong interviewer? Maybe I should email them and check, I'd quite like to know who's actually interviewing me :P

Congrats:biggrin: i know that Mr. James Trevithick i went to an open day nd he had a little chat with us, he is really nice :smile:
People- It's recommended that you use initials rather than full names when you are talking about interviewers and the like. Some fellows do like to google their own names...
Reply 393
According to the OP, one for PPS and one for Law
Original post by mrigs
Has anyone received offers from Catz?

They Started sending out interview invites two weeks ago, mostly for law and pps (have seen several of each here on TSR), they haven't gotten back to everyone yet though
Original post by goldlock
Oh you are lucky :smile: - I'm going for King's econ as well, but I've got nothing yet. Did your invite come in the post today, or by email?

It came in the post today :smile: good luck, fingers crossed you get an interview!
Invite for Engineering at King's!! :smile: At last!
Reply 397
Original post by Sebmhc
i'm not sure who to be more jealous of... people who have got an early interview, this preparation period is slowly killing me, or those who have got a really late interview because they have less time to wait for the decision.

i think i'm most jealous of those who HAVE an interview... this is killing meee!!!
Invitation for interviewwwww! :badger:

I'm so relieved cause apart from this, a big fat NOTHING has happened regarding my application. No offers, no rejections - nothing, nada, zilch, zip. :frown:
Reply 399

:console: I'm really sorry to hear that. You seem lovely and I would have liked to meet you. Good Luck with whatever awesome path you go down :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending