The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Doughnuts!!
Don't worry, it's not true. And the theory is that if you can't log on then you've been rejected, if you can you're getting an offer, and if your college has changed that you've been pooled.

Thank you so much for this doughnuts :smile: X
Reply 5981
Original post by TimmonaPortella
The last point sounds feasible tbh. I can't imagine the college changing for no reason.

Has your college changed?
Original post by us3rname
that's amazing, congratulations! I got my offer from downing today (law), so maybe we'll be going up together next year :d

many congratualtions!!! You deserve it with all your a - levels lol. I wish u the best of luck in the future and at downing!!!
Original post by chris__007
I've come to the conclusion that everybody is getting far too worked up.

Everything will be fine, you are all intelligent people.

Get a beer (or drink of choice).

Keep Calm and Carry On! :cool:

Thank youuuu :smile: haha i agree! this does seem silly!

(pos rep :smile: )
Original post by chris__007
I've come to the conclusion that everybody is getting far too worked up.

Everything will be fine, you are all intelligent people.

Get a beer (or drink of choice).

Keep Calm and Carry On! :cool:

This. I like you haha :smile:
Reply 5985
Gonna be so hard to sleep tonight XD I'm gonna be thinking about tomorrow!
Reply 5986
Original post by Jacke02
PPS at sidney sussex. I originally was going to apply to oxford for experimental psychology but when i met a psychology tutor at camb they convinced me that it was better there :P. I think PPS would be more interesting anyway, as you can choose between quite alot of papers in the first year.

What/where did you apply to at cambridge?

Chemical Engineering via natural sciences at clare college. I havent always known I was gonna do a scientific subject but when it came to it, i couldnt imagine myself doing anything else. I havent told anyone but my phone rang during the interview. The interviewer asked me to just leave but i just ignored him and turned my phone off. I feel stupid every time I remember it.
Original post by blackpot
Has your college changed?

Nope :smile:
but if it did, it wouldn't have just done it because it felt like it, I'm sure.
*passes round chocolate* the final wait commences... X
Here guys:
One of the most popular postal services, First Class mail aims to deliver your letter or packet the next working day, including Saturday.
# If I post my First Class item early in the morning, is it guaranteed to get there the next day?
Although we aim to deliver mail the next working day, we cannot guarantee delivery times. We recommend our Special Delivery™ 9.00am service or Special Delivery™ Next Day if you want to guarantee next day arrival.
So if all goes well, we should receive our replys tomorrow- but I wouldn't get your hopes up too high
with the saq thing, it might be because you didn't log out the last time you quit the window
Original post by pinkalarmclock
Argh I'm so stressed about this whole thing! Did anyone else apply to Selwyn?

Yep. For English. You?

I wish post actually arrived at 8.00am like it does in films. It won't come until about 12 to my house, by which point I'll be at college. So I'll have to wait until the end of the day.

Joy.
is there anyone on this thread who cant log into saq or your college has been changed???
Reply 5993
Original post by GraceOfSpades
Haha nah I'm a girl who won't shut up about politics all right :P! And yeah Fitz is really gorgeous :smile: Not in the conventional Cambridge way, its all very modern, but everyone was so welcoming, and it has a great atmosphere. Though from the outside it has been compared to a multi storey car park haha :P What is Jesus like?:smile: I got the impression that most people applying to PPS did so from a psychology angle...do you think it might be because a lot of the politics people went for PPE at Oxford?

That is quite strange. I also applied to PPS except at Homerton. I felt that nearly everyone was mainly interested in the Politics section of the tripos. I figured most Psychology students applied to Oxford to study Straight experimental Psychology. It might just be our colleges however.
Sent out today guys. Best of luck to you all. :smile:
If only we could all succeed, there would be no problems at all. :L
I guess most British students will get their responses tomorrow. In Ireland, I don't expect it for at least another day so more time to pull more hair out. :tongue:

Best of luck again and remember that Cambridge is not the be all and end all. :smile:
Original post by .:VivaLaVida:.
Medicine :smile:

Good luck ! x
I hope my letter will arrive at 9 AM
Original post by GraceOfSpades
This. I like you haha :smile:

Yay a friend!

One cheeky password request later and I'm back on my SAQ. Whoever conjured up this theory is SUCH a joker..... NAAAAAAAAAAT
I'm starting to come to terms with the idea that I'll be rejected tomorrow. I guess I'll go to Bristol if Edinburgh will reject me too:-<
Reply 5999
Original post by 24craigour
Depends on where you live of course. But yes. I really hope mine's arrive tomorrow though- rain or shine, it'll take the stress off and enable me to focus on my revision.

Same, but if i get a rejection, i don't have to work for an A*... in fact i only need AAB at york so ill probably get less revision done...

Latest

Trending

Trending