The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

:awesome: Not really. :eek::bawling::cry2::cry:

Also just briefly on the meet up. People still up for that? If so, method of greeting is actually awesomeface. Actually saying awesomeface. How's that? :awesome:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Lulope
Ooh I hope you get there (: At least it's only delayed :smile: Good luck when you're there!

Yeah I think I will. Hopefully they'll do something like just offer me a place due to the distress caused :biggrin:

thanks, still on train now lol, 3stops added to original plan :angry:
Good luck to everyone this week!

I can't wait for all the interview horror stories (or successes?:confused:) start rolling in...

Nah jk I know you'll all be amazing! :biggrin:

This is what I found when I searched 'good luck cake' in google:

Spoiler

On a side note, I got an interview invite from UCL! wOOT
(edited 13 years ago)
This time next week I'll probably be back at home having DONE my interviews... This realisation has just filled me with fear. Ack. :cry2:
Reply 1384
OK, where's everyone's stories? :smile:
Original post by darkestskies
This time next week I'll probably be back at home having DONE my interviews... This realisation has just filled me with fear. Ack. :cry2:

Me too... Ahh we're the same day!

Yay

I don't know if leaving my prep until the weekend and then prepping INTENSELY is a good idea.

Good luck!
Original post by Scrubby

Also just briefly on the meet up. People still up for that? If so, method of greeting is actually awesomeface. Actually saying awesomeface. How's that? :awesome:

definitely up for it still if i get there :smile:
Original post by sulexk
any ideas anyone, on what the engineering physics/maths written exam is like at the interview?

Any info regarding this, would be absolutely appreciated!

Thank you :smile:

I'worried about that too.And my interview is on 9th.Bonus I'm not from the UK and I don't know what I am expected to know.
Reply 1388
Original post by TimmonaPortella
thanks, still on train now lol, 3stops added to original plan :angry:

Oh dear. :s-smilie: Hopefully you're almost there!

I've been hearing stories from friends whose parents are having to stay at their works tonight cos the weather's that bad.
Reply 1389
okay so KILLER...
half an hour before my first interview.
stupid parents decide to get us lost on the wrong side of the river down some mud track.
turning round car and the tyre explodes.
mother panics and shouts.
father starts crying.

i call the college, and a taxi, and arrive on time THANK GOD.

true story.

anyone's day go better???
Original post by calleenal
Me too... Ahh we're the same day!

Yay

I don't know if leaving my prep until the weekend and then prepping INTENSELY is a good idea.

Good luck!

You too! :biggrin:

I somehow managed to blitz my personal statement-related prep at the weekend (in note form, haha!) with an awful cold, so I think anything is possible! I have absolutely no direction for this week whatsoever, though. D: What subject/college have you applied for? :smile:
Original post by Lulope

I've been hearing stories from friends whose parents are having to stay at their works tonight cos the weather's that bad.

Hey, are you able to get to Cambridge ok?
Original post by CezzaJ
okay so KILLER...
stupid parents decide to get us lost on the wrong side of the river down some mud track.
father starts crying.

true story.

Yeesh that sounds like a nightmare *hugs* I hope the interview was better!

Original post by darkestskies
You too! :biggrin:

I somehow managed to blitz my personal statement-related prep at the weekend (in note form, haha!) with an awful cold, so I think anything is possible! I have absolutely no direction for this week whatsoever, though. D: What subject/college have you applied for? :smile:

Wow, well, well done. Notes eh? FUN stuff. :smile: I have as yet done nothing like that. I'm dreading dredging up my personal statement because I hate it more and more everytime I look at it... I'm planning on doing some FUN mind maps though :biggrin:

History of Art/Pembroke.

I see from your sig you're a historian. :cool:
Original post by CezzaJ
okay so KILLER...
father starts crying.

true story.

wow well done on getting there on time! i'm specifically going there an hour early tomorrow incase my dad gets lost in the car! how was your interview?
Original post by safwaansh
wow well done on getting there on time! i'm specifically going there an hour early tomorrow incase my dad gets lost in the car! how was your interview?

I only live half an hour from Cambridge and I know I'll be late - my dad always leaves at the last possible moment and I'm always having a panic attack by the time we reach anywhere.
One good thing is we can park at Downing so its only a short walk from there to Pembroke:smile:
Reply 1395
Original post by CezzaJ
okay so KILLER...
father starts crying.

true story.

i trust the national rail service more than i trust my parents map reading ability. how did the interview itself go?
Original post by Polish_Camping
Ouch! Just finished my interview day at Queens' - very tired!! Brain completely mashed from what can only be descriped as intellectual interrogation. One interviewer seemed to like me though, so hopefully that will have saved my bacon - made some stupid errors though on a few of the maths questions :frown: Roll on January!

How has everyone else's gone? Any other engineers around had their interviews?
How was Queens', out of interest? I'm staying tomorrow, interview on Wednesday.

Original post by Scrubby

Where is it? I remember something about McDonalds and butterbeer, though I think I may have made that up. I don't know what time I'll get into Cambridge at. I suppose I'd like to meet some fellow applicants. I might just stick to whoever's around the college, though. Internet people give me the willies.
Reply 1397
Original post by cpdavis
Hey, are you able to get to Cambridge ok?

Not sure yet :s-smilie: Meant to be flying but the airport was shut today. It's open now so hopefully it'll be fine tomorrow. But if I can't get the plane I've got no chance as it's way to dangerous to drive at the moment and trains/buses and cancelled. But fingers crossed, I'll be fine!
Original post by Lulope

sort of :tongue: just arrived in stevenage!
:frown: wow snowed in? where do you live?

may not see anyone tonight if anyones interested. not even left stevenagw yet, so could be ages yet
Original post by no chance
How was Queens', out of interest? I'm staying tomorrow, interview on Wednesday.

Queens' was awesome - love the place, good location, balance of college history and good facilities, good reputation, people seem friendly enough etc... If you haven't been, you will love it :smile: Good luck for your interview!

Original post by Got the tshirt
It sounds like you did OK:smile:

I've got an engineering interview tomorrow at Pembroke - did you have to do the TSA and if you did were you allowed rough paper or not?

Not looking forward to tomorrow:frown:

Don't panic - I'm sure you'll be fine! Just keep calm (or try to at least..), and think as laterally as you can. Try explain your thought process and don't just get into trying to find the answer straight away - easier said than done I know, especially for the maths questions (where you just wanna put your formulae down and solve it!!).

I did TSA on a computer, and they gave you rough paper to work on. Would be quite hard to do some of the logic based ones just in your head! I think some colleges do the whole thing paper-based though...

Good luck tomorrow - let me know how you got on, and what kinda questions you got, too. Would be interested to see the comparison between colleges interviews :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending