5) UCL
6) Warwick
7) Durham
8) Edinburgh
9) Bristol
10) KCL
Reply 61
Original post by Beska
I have no idea what your backstory is, but since you're so determined to show Aberdeen as a top-10 university equal to the likes of Oxbridge I am just going to assume that you missed offers or otherwise were rejected by Oxbridge or some other university which is actually in the top 10.

Aberdeen is number four in my opinion :wink: After Nottingham, Liverpool & Cardiff.

Imperial is number five.
Reply 62
Original post by chinaberry
Oxford, Cambridge, UCL, Imperial, LSE, KCL, Warwick, St Andrews, Durham, Birmingham ?

Bristol
Reply 63
Original post by Dawson2010
why the hell are you in every thread promoting aberdeen! Go away!

He probably thinks by bigging it up on an internet forum mostly full of sixthformers will increase its rankings. What he doesnt know hes making himself look like an idiot and making Aberdeen look bad
Original post by NGC773
And yet with such a great academic enviroment it has a 13.5% drop out (Durham 3.9%) rate whilst boasts being in the top10! Amazing

I can't speak for every subject, but I know that far too many students achieve first class honours for mathematics in Durham. It has a reputation for being one of the easier courses.

And regarding Aberdeen's drop out rate, you have to remember that it's a Scottish university. It functions under a completely different system to English ones. This works by setting low entrance requirements, and then flushing out the filth by having only those who've achieved good grades in their first two years move onto honours. Being a four year degree, it's also better looked upon in the rest of the world, who consider England's three year degrees to be somewhat dumbed down. :h:
Reply 65
Oxbridge
UCL
Warwick
LSE
Imperial

who cares about the rest? :wink:

On a serious note, there are unis that are good for certain subjects, e.g. Edinburgh for medicine I would very highly respect, but for economics? Unless you are at one of those 6, I would personally (feel free to differ) regard prestige for the particular degree you are doing a lot more than overall prestige.
Reply 66
Original post by adam0311
*Fixed*
1) Cambridge
2) Oxford
3) LSE
4) Imperial
5) UCL
6) Warwick
7) Durham
8) Edinburgh
9) Bristol
10) KCL

*Fixed*

1) Cambridge
2) Oxford
3) LSE
4) Imp
5) UCL
6) Warwick
7) KCL
8) Edinburgh
9) Bristol/Durham
10) Nottingham/St Andrews

:biggrin:
Reply 67
Original post by RamocitoMorales
I can't speak for every subject, but I know that far too many students achieve first class honours for mathematics in Durham. It has a reputation for being one of the easier courses.

And regarding Aberdeen's drop out rate, you have to remember that it's a Scottish university. It functions under a completely different system to English ones. This works by setting low entrance requirements, and then flushing out the filth by having only those who've achieved good grades in their first two years move onto honours. Being a four year degree, it's also better looked upon in the rest of the world, who consider England's three year degrees to be somewhat dumbed down. :h:

You really are pathetic and inferior, crawl out of aberdeens ass, thankfully If I go there ill try and avoid you.....

That maybe what Aberdeen do... but it's not a Scottish University trait to do that.
Also, I laugh that in your top 10, you made Aberdeen your only Scottish Uni in it implying it is better that St Andrews, Edinburgh, Glasgow etc...
Also, the fact you have a top ten's rather funny. As you're like "league tables are stupid" and your biased opinions aren't? :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 69
Original post by Organ
Aberdeen is number four in my opinion :wink: After Nottingham, Liverpool & Cardiff.

Imperial is number five.

:p:
In no paticular order:

Oxford
Cambridge
UCL
Imperial
LSE
Manchester
Warwick
Bristol
Aberdeen
Durham

So Aberdeen is better than King's.
Hmm, I respect your clearly disinterested opinion :holmes:
Reply 71
Original post by Eloades11
oxford, cambridge, imperial college london, university college london, warwick, LSE, Bristol and durham. They're the ones I think(from what I've heard about them) should definately be up the top.

Basically its arguable about the universities between 8-15 for me, but they all have to be in the russell group, not in the russell group then not in the top 10

York and Durham are not in the Rusell Group...
Reply 72
My dad would kill your dad.

My penis is bigger than your penis.

:nothing:
Reply 73
Original post by Organ
My dad would kill your dad.

My penis is bigger than your penis.

:nothing:

We both know that's not true. :pierre:
Reply 74

So if its a top 10 university with such low enterance requirements why dont they have hundreds and hundreds on every course? Aberdeen isnt a top university, its a good uni top 40 but not top 10. And if im honest it isnt very prestigious when you have far better unis in Scotland.

Please stop making Aberdeen look like its full of big headed idiot students
Oxford & Cambridge (interchangeable)
St Andrews
LSE
Imperial
Durham
UCL
Warwick
Bristol
KCL? or Manchester? or Birmingham? or York? or Exeter? one of those < (just not Aberdeen)
Reply 76
Depends which course.

You're an idiot...it is actually infuriating reading your posts! You're so deluded! Aberdeen is by no means a bad uni, but it DOES not compete with the any of the renowned uni's in england/edinburgh/st.andrews/cardiff

complete uni guide ranks it 44th..i'm not saying league tables are gospel but they are an indicator of the approximate standard of the uni
Reply 78
Original post by Beska
We both know that's not true. :pierre:

Jog on sunshine. :colone:
Reply 79
see uni league tables. eg timesonline website have a table. i think it shows a couple of different ways of ranking.

Latest

Trending

Trending