The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Adam83
These are the same people who appeared to forge a document to include Galloway?
No...
But thank you for enlightening us to exactly how much YOU know about the issue.
Reply 61
oh its not huh? just a totaly different set of people out to get him
Reply 63
Adam83

Are they the same people? That looks like the one the Christian Science Monitor used. I recognise the offset text.
--------------
I'll tell you what's interesting, the "censored" bit. A big, white box has been drawn around one of them, and filled in with "US Person". I wonder whose name it was that needed hiding.
Reply 64
i dont know but clearly someone is trying to pin something on him.
Reply 65
I need a job :biggrin:
Reply 66
DemonDemonic
Is Galloway A Crook?

Well, he's a politician; isn't he?
Adam83

Precisely. Your tone suggests you treat that idea with disbelief, which is foolish, considering it is different people on the basis of different documents.
Reply 68
JonathanH
Precisely. Your tone suggests you treat that idea with disbelief, which is foolish, considering it is different people on the basis of different documents.

Come again? Umm...I'll rephrase that for your benefit - can you repeat that in a coherent fashion please?
I believe it was perfectly clear. The tone of his post suggests that he thinks the idea that it's "just a totaly different set of people out to get him" with some disbelief and perhaps sarcasm, though I may be reading too much in to it. The fact is, it is a totally different set of people, basing their accusations on different documents etc., so his disbelief is unfounded.
Reply 70
JonathanH
I believe it was perfectly clear. The tone of his post suggests that he thinks the idea that it's "just a totaly different set of people out to get him" with some disbelief and perhaps sarcasm, though I may be reading too much in to it. The fact is, it is a totally different set of people, basing their accusations on different documents etc., so his disbelief is unfounded.

Who's Moloch?
Reply 71
well i think we disagree then. I believe it is the same people.

This is the Paul Vocker UN investigation into oil for food, i think there has been some political pressure to try and 'do' Galloway.
I think he is innocent and the people behind it are the same.
The ones who put his name on that sheet are the ones who tried to make agrements with prisoners to testiy against him.

That is clear to me
Adam83
well i think we disagree then. I believe it is the same people.

Sorry, you believe who and who are the same?
We were discussing the Senatorial charges, you then brought in an image without any sourcing, and now you introduce the UN investgation. Who are you referring to precisely? Because you also referred to a "forgery" which would appear to be a reference to the CSM allegations.
Reply 73
yawn
Who's Moloch?

Lets just say, you wouldn't hire him as a baby-sitter.
Reply 74
JonathanH
Sorry, you believe who and who are the same?
We were discussing the Senatorial charges, you then brought in an image without any sourcing, and now you introduce the UN investgation. Who are you referring to precisely? Because you also referred to a "forgery" which would appear to be a reference to the CSM allegations.

I appolgise for my unsouced image. clearly it was inapropriate!
The UN investigation is part of this, they have a figure of 120k going to galloways wife account, the senate came out with a seperate 150k.

Personally i think they are deliberately giving him hassle because they dont like his political stance.
who and who are the same, someone is trying to smear him.
The US Senate Committee has absolutely nothing to do with the UN or the UN Oil-for-Food program report that was just released. So, are you suggesting that the UN report is deliberately trying to smear Galloway? Cause, from what I read, Galloway and the UN seem to be of one mind on a lot of issues, especially with regards to the invasion of Iraq.
You think the United Nations is giving Galloway hassle because of his political stance?
Reply 76
Profesh
Well, he's a politician; isn't he?

Best reply to this thread so far. :biggrin:
Reply 77
JonathanH
The US Senate Committee has absolutely nothing to do with the UN or the UN Oil-for-Food program report that was just released. So, are you suggesting that the UN report is deliberately trying to smear Galloway? Cause, from what I read, Galloway and the UN seem to be of one mind on a lot of issues, especially with regards to the invasion of Iraq.
You think the United Nations is giving Galloway hassle because of his political stance?

Well they are if you take the view that somebody is trying to smear him.
Yes.
I think somebody within America is giving him hassle yes, it apears they may have had an influence on the UN report.
Adam83
Well they are if you take the view that somebody is trying to smear him.
Yes.
I think somebody within America is giving him hassle yes, it apears they may have had an influence on the UN report.

i agree with everythin u have said in this convo :smile:
Adam83

Are you going to source that assertion, or just baselessly claim that the wide-ranging UN probe only includes Galloway because there is some all-encompassing US conspiracy to set-him-up and "smear" him, because they apparently have nothing else to do with their time...
--------------
lady_daisychain
i agree with everythin u have said in this convo :smile:
That's hardly a recommendation, coming from you, is it now...

Latest

Trending

Trending