The Student Room Group

Predictions for 2023 WJEC unit 1 English literature exam this summer?

I'm sitting the may 17, 2023 unit 1 English literature GCSE exam for WJEC board. Does anybody have any predictions for what might come up in the OMAM essay?
Reply 1
candy
i did my exam in january and it was curley's wife or freedom, so i doubt either of those will come up again. i remember thinking it could be either candy, crooks or lennie.
Reply 3
Original post by Studeent60
I'm sitting the may 17, 2023 unit 1 English literature GCSE exam for WJEC board. Does anybody have any predictions for what might come up in the OMAM essay?

We already the extract will be page 59 to 73 (I believe) due to the advanced information given to us by wjec however my teacher believes that slim will be the character in the esay due to him not coming up in the last few years.
Original post by TJones007
We already the extract will be page 59 to 73 (I believe) due to the advanced information given to us by wjec however my teacher believes that slim will be the character in the esay due to him not coming up in the last few years.

Hi my friend seems to think that Slim will come up too but my teacher thinks that he won’t come up because he’s a hard character to write about as there isn’t anything really bad about him. And I believe the extract will most likely be about the fight or the killing of Candy’s dog because they are the main things in that chapter.

im also sitting the exam 17th of may
(Original post by xonataliamele)im also sitting the exam 17th of may

curleys wife came up last time so not her
perhaps george or curley is my prediction
Reply 7
does anyone have any predictions for the poetry anthology? like the themes? and poems? thanks !!
Reply 8
thanks all, how did you find the exam?

honestly it wasnt that bad the poetry was hard tho mainly due ot timing

I WROTE A WHOLE ESSAY ABOUT HOW I THINK CURLEY IS MISUNDERSTOOD FOR THE ESSAY ON SYMPATHY… am I doomed???
Reply 11
Original post by ssimraahmed12
I WROTE A WHOLE ESSAY ABOUT HOW I THINK CURLEY IS MISUNDERSTOOD FOR THE ESSAY ON SYMPATHY… am I doomed???

no i actually think thats good, the examiners are probably so used to characters like Curley's wife, candy and crooks (i did curley's wife), if you did curley and give good arguements, i think theyll like that as it shows you understand him well
Reply 12
Original post by physicsismean
honestly it wasnt that bad the poetry was hard tho mainly due ot timing

yeah i always hate the poetry, but some of the other years were much harder so i think we were quite lucky that there was actually something to write about
no i actually think thats good, the examiners are probably so used to characters like Curley's wife, candy and crooks (i did curley's wife), if you did curley and give good arguements, i think theyll like that as it shows you understand him well

thanks, hopefully it goes well 🥲
Reply 14
you guys do wjec right, did you do the maths numeracy unit 2 on the 7th? and are you doing biology tomorrow

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending