The Student Room Group

Sun, sex and suspicious parents - BBC Three

Scroll to see replies

Original post by littleone271
Yeah I don't think he realises how many people actually watch TV lol

To be fair to him the viewership of bbc3 is probably in the 1000s.
The fact the Jehovah's Witness girl in the first one was quite fit and a bit of slag was enough to keep me interested.

The fact that the Lee Evans looky likey in the second one was a bit of a tit was enough to keep me entertained.

Not sure how they didn't know that their parents were coming though...
Original post by fredscarecrow
I saw the first episode - if I were the kid I would be absolutely FURIOUS. I don't think I could forgive them!

Especially the fact that parents are allowed to snoop round their kids' hotel room, surely that's like a violation of human rights or something?!
Original post by original_username
To be fair to him the viewership of bbc3 is probably in the 1000s.

Possibly but he said it like it was an exaguration when actually it probably is pretty high in the 1000's if not millions. And bbc3 stuff is always on catch up too and on bbc iplayer so we'd probably be surprised how many people watch it.
Original post by pauline_lg
Especially the fact that parents are allowed to snoop round their kids' hotel room, surely that's like a violation of human rights or something?!

Yeah completely. I would go mental!
No.. definitely not.. I only really drink when I go out and I've just had a lot of fun at drunken parties and when I was on holiday.. Why are you so judgemental?? It's not like I go around doing weird drunken stuff on a regular basis.. I think it's just normal to be able to laugh about that one time you did something a bit weird..

its plain pathetic some of the things these people do like show their di*** to each other in a night club. this world has turned upside down, by no means am i saying don't have a good time, but do you really have to consult to kissing ass cheeks to gain excitement and pleasure.......
Reply 386
I know! None of them actually have sex! lol They all just say they're going to and then they fail miserably.. You know it's bad when the inbetweeners were more successful lol

Aha exactly! The blokes that had a 'pulling competition' were particularly embarrassing. They managed a grand total of one girl each, and that was only on the last night!
Original post by lauren_a
Aha exactly! The blokes that had a 'pulling competition' were particularly embarrassing. They managed a grand total of one girl each, and that was only on the last night!

Yeah I know! lol Basically everyone I know whose been on these holidays has had sex with someone there but it doesn't seem to happen on this show!
Original post by James A
its plain pathetic some of the things these people do like show their di*** to each other in a night club. this world has turned upside down, by no means am i saying don't have a good time, but do you really have to consult to kissing ass cheeks to gain excitement and pleasure.......

People don't kiss each others 'ass' cheeks to gain excitement or pleasure. It's just a laugh! I've never done anything like that in a club but it all goes on at house parties!
Yeah.. It was uncalled for seen as his parents were actually being quite cool about the whole thing. Although, to be honest I would have been seriously angry with my mum if she'd been spying on me when I was in newquay with my friends lol although that was actually a bit worse than what they seem to get up to on this show I think... She literally would have died watching that on camera lol

To be fair, I would be pretty angry even if me mam saw me as well. What was worse? He has put himself in front of cameras so to be honest... he hasn't got a right to be pissed.
I love it! But I wondered, what are the teens told about why they are being recorded... like i was asked to do the show...the first thing that would come into my mind is that, I'm proberly part of sun, sex and suspicious parents. If that makes any sense at all. :smile:
Original post by The_Male_Melons
To be fair, I would be pretty angry even if me mam saw me as well. What was worse? He has put himself in front of cameras so to be honest... he hasn't got a right to be pissed.

Yeah I agree.. He kinda abandoned his right for privacy when he agreed to be filmed and for it to be broadcasted.
What do they tell the teens before they go on holiday?
I mean I'd never want a camera following me around.
Anyway, parents are going to see it in the end anyway1
The guy on the last episode was blatantly Steven Gerrard. They looked identical. It's so cringeworthy and hard to watch when the parents show up.
Original post by I.Like.Smarties
I love it! But I wondered, what are the teens told about why they are being recorded... like i was asked to do the show...the first thing that would come into my mind is that, I'm proberly part of sun, sex and suspicious parents. If that makes any sense at all. :smile:

Not everyone watches it though so you know they can get away with it and the teens not finding out a bit.
Yeah I agree.. He kinda abandoned his right for privacy when he agreed to be filmed and for it to be broadcasted.

I understood why he was angry but the whole thing was a bit stupid, Seeing as he must've believed he was being filmed for some sort of show meaning his Mum could've just watched it when it was on TV.
Reply 396
Original post by I.Like.Smarties

Some of my friends from school are on it, and they applied for it knowing what it was. So i think there is some degree of acting in the supprised bits. It is TV after all and it doesn't make sense that they would just go along with it thinking that their parents wouldn't find out. Surely if your kids have been on TV for whatever reason, you. As a parent are going to make an effort to watch it?!

I think it's funny, but i'm glad i decided not to do it.
Original post by TheGrandmaster
The fact the Jehovah's Witness girl in the first one was quite fit and a bit of slag was enough to keep me interested.

The fact that the Lee Evans looky likey in the second one was a bit of a tit was enough to keep me entertained.

Not sure how they didn't know that their parents were coming though...

Haha I was thinking he looked like Lee Evans too! Sounded like him too :eek:
Original post by deadsmurfette
I understood why he was angry but the whole thing was a bit stupid, Seeing as he must've believed he was being filmed for some sort of show meaning his Mum could've just watched it when it was on TV.

Yeah exactly.. If he was that worried about his parents seeing his shenanigans then he shouldn't have agreed to be part of any kind of documentary. I think the reason he was so angry was because in his eyes it kinda stole his independance and the whole thing of being holiday with his mates and leaving his parents at home. I reckon the people who don't go mad at the time probably 9 times out of 10 have a big row when they get back lol
'Top Bloke'?:colonhash:
Is this guy serious?

Quick Reply

Latest