The Student Room Group

Law courses with low grade requirements?

I’m in year 13 and want to apply for law in university. I’m predicted A*AAC (hopefully) or AABC at the lowest, my top unis are leeds and Bristol but I also want to apply to some courses with lower grade requirements as an insurance. Anybody know of any unis with BBB requirements or lower?
Surrey, Greenwich, Plymouth, Oxford Brookes, Brighton.

PS. Consider dropping one subject. You only need three high grades, not four. And you risk getting BBBB instead of AAA. Ignore your school/parents and concentrate on three subjects only.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by returnmigrant
Surrey, Greenwich, Plymouth, Oxford Brookes, Brighton.

PS. Consider dropping one subject. You only need three high grades, not four. And you risk getting BBBB instead of AAA. Ignore your school/parents and concentrate on three subjects only.

Hi, thanks for the recommendations! I’ll have a look. The fourth isn’t an A level it’s welsh bacc but some universities take it as an equivalent, the perks of living in Wales :smile:
Original post by JamieLouiseXox
I’m in year 13 and want to apply for law in university. I’m predicted A*AAC (hopefully) or AABC at the lowest, my top unis are leeds and Bristol but I also want to apply to some courses with lower grade requirements as an insurance. Anybody know of any unis with BBB requirements or lower?

Moved to the Law forum :smile:

If you're expecting to get AAB at the lowest, you shouldn't apply to unis lower than AAB as it's important to aim high for Law and also, lower ranked unis are very likely to be in Clearing anyway.

As Insurance unis to Leeds and Bristol, I would be looking at Unis like Exeter, Southampton, Newcastle, Lancaster Liverpool and Cardiff. Here is a list of the unis that were in Clearing for Law in 2019 and the sort of grades they were accepting in Clearing.

Leicester uni LLB vacancies BBB, reportedly accepted ABD
Southampton LLB vacancies ABB reportedly accepted BBC
Exeter vacancies for LLB at BBB (or BCC with Business) at Penryn
(those who missed their offer by even one grade got revised offer at Penryn)
Lancaster LLB vacancies BBB
Queens Uni Belfast LLB ABC/BBB
Surrey LLB vacancies at BBB/BBC
Sussex LLB vacancies at BBC
Kent LLB vacancies at BBC/BCC UEA, RHUL, Keele, Hull LLB vacancies (grades not known)
Reading reportedly went down to BCD
Keele LLB vacancies at BBC
Sheffield LLB vacancies at AAA/AAB
Sheffield Hallam BBC
QMUL indicative grade requirement of AAA
SOAS LLB BBB/BBC
City Uni LLB BBC/BCC
Oxford Brookes LLB 96 UCAS points
Newcastle LLB ABB
Cardiff .....LLB ABB reportedly BBC
Swansea......LLB negotiable
Liverpool LLB only in early Clearing for those achieving BBB reportedly BBC
Original post by harrysbar

If you're expecting to get AAB at the lowest, you shouldn't apply to unis lower than AAB as it's important to aim high for Law and also, lower ranked unis are very likely to be in Clearing anyway.

As Insurance unis to Leeds and Bristol, I would be looking at Unis like Exeter, Southampton, Newcastle, Lancaster Liverpool and Cardiff. Here is a list of the unis that were in Clearing for Law in 2019 and the sort of grades they were accepting in Clearing.

Kent LLB vacancies at BBC/BCC UEA, RHUL, Keele, Hull LLB vacancies (grades not known)
Sheffield Hallam BBC
SOAS LLB BBB/BBC
City Uni LLB BBC/BCC
Newcastle LLB ABB

Thank you so much this is so useful! I’m definitely interested in Lancaster and Exeter so will have a look into them.
Thank you so much this is so useful! I’m definitely interested in Lancaster and Exeter so will have a look into them.

My daughter did Psychology at Lancaster and liked it a lot there, apart from it was a long way North for us. And Exeter could be a good Insurance choice, but just be aware that last year they were making people revised offers of a place at their Penryn campus rather than going to their main campus if they missed their offer by just one grade.

Penryn isn't everyone's cup of tea being very small and remote, but equally some people like it.

Hi there :smile:
Not sure if you've thought about it already, but have you taken a look at the University of Kent? Their current entry requirements for Law are AAA-ABB, which is obviously slightly above BBB, also Kent is 18th in the country for Law so could be a decent insurance choice for you :smile:
If you're interested at all, there are a couple of open days coming up in October which could be worth checking out. I'll leave the link to open day booking here in case Kent sounds good to you.
Best of luck with your university applications! And please feel free to ask me any questions you may have about Kent :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by harrysbar

Sheffield Hallam BBC
SOAS LLB BBB/BBC
City Uni LLB BBC/BCC
Newcastle LLB ABB

Imma be real genuinely putting one BBB university (one lower than what you predict) is actually smart because god forbid if the worst case scenario happens you're stuck. Besides that's how I got one of my unconditional offers. Safety net. Put one above your prediction because from experience if they like Ur personal statement they'll lower the grade requirements for you, then put 3 on Ur target, one below
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Shakira7
Imma be real genuinely putting one BBB university (one lower than what you predict) is actually smart because god forbid if the worst case scenario happens you're stuck. Besides that's how I got one of my unconditional offers. Safety net. Put one above your prediction because from experience if they like Ur personal statement they'll lower the grade requirements for you, then put 3 on Ur target, one below

3 years old thread the mods are gonna tell me off.

If a uni has BBB requirements, they will be in clearing. So they would not be stuck at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending