The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I did the effect of music on memory recall-a bit boring but i knew what the results should come out as

:p:

x
Jemma23
I am really really struggling to think of a good idea for my A2 Psychology Coursework - anyone got any suggestions?
Preferably i would like to do one that didn't involve testing actual people (i.e. something in the newspapers/pictures/etc)

Thankyou!!! Much love to all who reply!! :p:

Jem xxx

i know quite a few people who did their coursework based on lonely hearts ads in the newspaper or something... possibly something like that?
Reply 3
saiyamana
i know quite a few people who did their coursework based on lonely hearts ads in the newspaper or something... possibly something like that?

Cool. Do you know what the basis of their investigation was? What was their hypothesis?
Jemma23
Cool. Do you know what the basis of their investigation was? What was their hypothesis?

oooh. err, i really dont know :frown: haven't spoke to anyone about them..

Although, gender differences in mate selection strategies (ie, do males/females look for people who have similar matches to their own) may be a possibility.

Or how language is used.

Thats all i got right now, ill speak to some people tomorrow and see what they are doing theirs on.
Reply 6
Hi Jemma,

A friend of mine did her dissertation for her psychology degree on body image.

I have no idea if this helps but though I would throw it in!!

Elle x
Reply 7
I did mine on schemas which I liked coz I got to bring a load of random stuff into school (like a stuffed dragon and a wooden mannequin!) and my mate did hers on Weapon focus... they were both quite cool...
Reply 8
I did my dissertation on sex differences in mating strategies. It was really interesting and although I used a questionnaire you could use lonely hearts columns using variables such as 'desired age of partner', 'whether the seeker describes their appearance', 'if the seeker states financial position/status' etc etc. Buss, D is one of the leading pioneers in this area of study. Perhaps you could read his work to give you more ideas?

Latest

Trending

Trending