The Student Room Group

Aqa biology unit 2 gcse official thread

Scroll to see replies

Some of the questions were worded strangely, such as the 50% of being a girl one. For that, I mentioned xx chromosomes. Also the question about the process that causes shivering. For that, I wrote about going from one extreme temperature to another, I didn't put homeostatis or respiration.
Reply 61
Did anybody else for that insulin-graph interpretation mathsy question write down 'he should use how much insulin he uses normally PLUS three units MORE'?!?!?!
Reply 62
Original post by TheFootyKing19
Noo! I think the answer was more eggs = more chance of the fertilisation to occur, tho i may be talkin about different question

There was no question about increasing the fertilisation chance or was there?
The insulin question I relised I got wrong with 2 minutes left and managed to correct it howver know I'm worried I've made other mistakes as I didn't have time after correcting it to check any more questions.
Reply 64
Original post by Don'tNod
Did anybody else for that insulin-graph interpretation mathsy question write down 'he should use how much insulin he uses normally PLUS three units MORE'?!?!?!

yeh thats correct 3 units more, i bet all three marks on that question for just answer..
Reply 65
Original post by whyisthatcrazy
The insulin question I relised I got wrong with 2 minutes left and managed to correct it howver know I'm worried I've made other mistakes as I didn't have time after correcting it to check any more questions.

Same here, i never had any time left to check ANY answers!!.. Woulda corrected them, if i had time woulda got that stuiped 50% question correct!!
Reply 66
Original post by king101
yeh thats correct 3 units more, i bet all three marks on that question for just answer..

I bet lots of people would have slipped up there if we're right.
I didn't have time left either. As a result, I missed out on the last enzyme/washing question.
Reply 68
Original post by Fandabidoze!
I didn't have time left either. As a result, I missed out on the last enzyme/washing question.

:/ same i missed punnet, question, rushed enzyme, and rushed the 50% one!
Reply 69
I bet lots of people would have slipped up there if we're right.

Whys that, did lots of people in your school get that wrong>
fml
i made silly mistakes :eek:
you know for the osmosis one i wrote the cell went smaller fmlfmlfml
Reply 71
Original post by king101
Whys that, did lots of people in your school get that wrong>

Most people just wrote 3, they didn't pay attention to the itallics. :s-smilie:
Reply 72
Original post by halii_94
fml
i made silly mistakes :eek:
you know for the osmosis one i wrote the cell went smaller fmlfmlfml

I made stuiped mistakes aswell :/
Reply 73
Most people just wrote 3, they didn't pay attention to the itallics. :s-smilie:

Ah lol, well i THINK i wrote more ;p
Reply 74
Original post by king101
:/ same i missed punnet, question, rushed enzyme, and rushed the 50% one!

Perhaps the 50% question was because the allele only affects females. So, doctors are expecting (or need) 50% females so that there is a chance that at least one of those female embryos won't be affected by the allele?

I must admit that the question was worded strangely. Still, only 2 marks.
The sweating question asked WHY sweating happens or did it ask HOW it happens?
Reply 76
Original post by Extricated

Well, was this question about the woman comming out of the sauna? and how/why did she sweat was that the question?
For the why 50% of them are female, I am pretty sure it's because half have Xy and half have XX, NO?
Reply 78
Original post by Extricated

I think it asked why she sweated more, and i suppose the answer is so she could increase heat loss through evaporation.
Vasodialtion: Blood vessels dilate...= increases heat loss

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending