The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

is it possilbe...

is it possible to fall in love online, well if not in love lol fall for someone? become so close to them, there is just an instant click?
--------------
i cant spell when typing in a rush so sorry about the name of the thread :frown:

Scroll to see replies

yeah i think so it happened to a few people i know before they met they got really close not love but close. when they met they fell in love etc etc now they are happy
Reply 2
didnt people initially think they were crazy?
Reply 3
thats ********, nobody can fall in love online. maybe they think they did but if u meet the person and they a prick in reality then the love was a load of ********
sorry no
Reply 4
No, I don't think you can. I personally need to see someone in the flesh and spend time with them to develop feelings stronger than just liking someone.
Reply 5
Stay away from anyone on line. First of all the guy could be a girl (dyke), and if he's a guy, he's probably a pervert.

However, if you're just having fun, that's probably ok, but never give out your address.
I think you can definitely establish chemistry with people online- there's a lot of people I talk to who I'm sure I'll at least definitely get along with in real life.

(personal experience- it happened to me when I started talking to my friend's brother online- he lived across the country at the time. Turned out to be on of the best relationships I've ever had when he came back.)

But LOVE is way too strong an emotion to get simply by staring into a screen...
Reply 7
It never worked for me...
Reply 8
I think you can find people that you're pretty sure you would really click with in person. But I think it's more thinking 'I could really like them, I could fancy them, or I could love them, if we ever got to know each other in person.'. than actually loving them at that time.

Of course not every single person is genuinely themselves online, so you can never be too sure if it's reeeeeeally them. And I don't think you can ever fully know someone without knowing them in perosn, so I think there's a chance that you fill in the gaps that you don't know yet with what you'd like to be true. Maybe that means you can think more of that person than you would if you'd actually met them? And of course, people's bad points are a lot more easily hidden online.

But this is starting to sound negative.... I think you can find people that click with you and that you would definitely at least 'give a chance' if you were in person. It's certainly a lot more reliable as an introduction to each other's personalities than meeting in a bar while drunk.
Reply 9
Douglas

However, if you're just having fun, that's probably ok, but never give out your address.

No, just give out your credit card number, preferably to me.
Reply 10
haha i was just wondering what people thought to be honest cause me and a friend were talking about it last night so... thanks though for all of your opinions
Reply 11
xemilyx
is it possible to fall in love online, well if not in love lol fall for someone? become so close to them, there is just an instant click?

Do people on the internet, exist?
Reply 12
no they're just electronic figments... but seriously you can have good conversations and get on with them to a degree but people ARE different online, its a social vacuum you lack the tone of conversation the body language and just the physicality of them, that doesn't mean to say your relationship won't work in REAL life, but you can't fall in love online. also people are generally a lot more open and confident online which may be an illusion. saying that i have known people who formed relationships after MEETING internet friends so it is possible. (i'd like to add none of the r-ships lasted).
Reply 13
Dekota
Do people on the internet, exist?
Clearly they do... unless I'm just an exception to the rule that no-one on the net is human :rolleyes:
yeh i think it is i fell in love with my current bf n i met him online.n we're still together 9 months on :biggrin:
yes
Reply 16
It is possible to get close to someone online, I got close to my current girlfriend over the internet, and met her (went to Spain for a week, where she lives), spent a big part of the week with her, and we have now been together for 3 months. During which time I have seen her once.

I get to see her again for another week at the end of December :smile:
Reply 17
shylock30012001
yeh i think it is i fell in love with my current bf n i met him online.n we're still together 9 months on :biggrin:

you have met him right? and if so would you say the strong feelings only developed AFTER you'd met him.. (if you HAVEN'T met him then your answer is thus null and void :biggrin:)
toiletwall
you have met him right? and if so would you say the strong feelings only developed AFTER you'd met him.. (if you HAVEN'T met him then your answer is thus null and void :biggrin:)

yes i have met him i met him 3 months after i met him online.the strong feelings developed before we met up.it was consolidated when we met coz he asked me out a few weeks before me met up.befor we met up we'd only talked online n on the phone.
Reply 19
maybe a webcam is all you need to facilitate love.. i think i might try and contact Lirael Abhorsen :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending